Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon mail server - still having problems

Orcon mail server - still having problems

g00g1eme@gmail.com

The Orcon system status message on their home page says all of their
mail services were restored by 4:45pm yesterday. Had a customer call me
this morning to say they couldn't send email. They have a JetStream
(not BitStream) connection with Orcon. Sure enough, I couldn't connect
to smtp.orcon.net.nz from the customer's site. I also use Orcon for my
home connection and it seems their SMTP server plays up on a regular
basis. If it wasn't such a hassle to switch JetStream providers I'd be
out of there in a flash.

Bling-Bling

On Thu, 05 May 2005 15:49:38 -0700, g00g1eme wrote:

> I also use Orcon for my
> home connection and it seems their SMTP server plays up on a regular
> basis. If it wasn't such a hassle to switch JetStream providers I'd be
> out of there in a flash.

Why don't you set up your own SMTP server? They're easy enough to get
working and configured correctly.

Bling Bling