Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise worse server in Newzealand

Reply
Thread Tools

Paradise worse server in Newzealand

 
 
thisisonlyforusenet@yahoo.co.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005
Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
arrived.

I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
which is a total lie, because its not solved.

If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
DoggNZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005
On 5 May 2005 13:06:54 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

<snip rant>
>
>If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.


You can't even get the name of your own country right so who cares
what you think.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
PAM.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.


Cancelled mine 5 days ago. Going Broadband with Slingshot.

PAM.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Anybody
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
> problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
> arrived.
>
> I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
> which is a total lie, because its not solved.
>
> If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.


It may well be solved, but it's possible that there's a large backlog
of email to deliver (many sending servers keep trying for X hours
before giving up and returning an error report to the sender), plus if
it was having major problems the emails could have been returned.

I don't know how long Paradise have been having problems, but ihug kept
trying to patch a faulty newsserver (and failing) for about a whole
year or more. We've finally got a new one, supposedly, but they chopped
out most of the binaries newsgroups (except the porn ones of course) in
the process of trying to "fix" the old one.
 
Reply With Quote
 
T-Boy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
> problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
> arrived.
>
> I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
> which is a total lie, because its not solved.
>
> If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.


I see it's *not* resolved yet - their homepage has been updated...

http://www.paradise.net.nz/

--
Duncan
 
Reply With Quote
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005

"Anybody" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:060520050915321057%(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
> (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
> > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
> > arrived.
> >
> > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
> > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
> >
> > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

>
> It may well be solved, but it's possible that there's a large backlog
> of email to deliver (many sending servers keep trying for X hours
> before giving up and returning an error report to the sender), plus if
> it was having major problems the emails could have been returned.
>
> I don't know how long Paradise have been having problems, but ihug kept
> trying to patch a faulty newsserver (and failing) for about a whole
> year or more. We've finally got a new one, supposedly, but they chopped
> out most of the binaries newsgroups (except the porn ones of course) in
> the process of trying to "fix" the old one.


What a bunch of crap. The bad year of news service problems at ihug
happened a few years ago. The new Hard Drive they installed was stuffed,
took a year of lies before someone fixed it with a new replacement.
The new news server at ihug has only been a recent upgrade.

Paradise knew they had problems but chose not to tell their customers until
the **** hit the fan with the talk of the problems by poor Paradise
customers in the newsgroups.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob J
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-05-2005
In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> in
nz.comp on 5 May 2005 13:06:54 -0700, <(E-Mail Removed)>
says...
> Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
> problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
> arrived.
>
> I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
> which is a total lie, because its not solved.
>
> If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.


First it was their news servers. Now it's their mail servers.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2005

"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
news:1115332797.927943@ftpsrv1...

> happened a few years ago. The new Hard Drive they installed was stuffed


Forgive the nit picking, and I only mention it coz I've seen you do it a few
times.
hard drive. Not Hard Drive.

Jay


 
Reply With Quote
 
Rob
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2005

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
> problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
> arrived.
>
> I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
> which is a total lie, because its not solved.
>
> If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.
>


There webpage is also looking sick, part of it is stuck on teh left of the
screen.

They say their problems are caused by a virus affecting servers worldwide.
First I have heard of this, as it hasn't reached the media?


 
Reply With Quote
 
Steve
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-06-2005
This one is valid. It's the latest sober virus, and don't open any emails
offering you tickets to the world cup.

Steve

"Rob J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) z...
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> in
> nz.comp on 5 May 2005 13:06:54 -0700, <(E-Mail Removed)>
> says...
> > Well its now 8am on friday and Paradise is still having email delay
> > problems, emails that were sent to me over 24 hours ago, still havent
> > arrived.
> >
> > I did get an email from them though, saying the problem is solved,
> > which is a total lie, because its not solved.
> >
> > If anyone is thinking of using paradise as thier server, dont do it.

>
> First it was their news servers. Now it's their mail servers.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony's day just gets worse and worse thing2 NZ Computing 27 12-01-2005 06:57 AM
OT: Working the helpdesk? It could be worse T-Bone MCSE 3 10-20-2005 06:32 PM
[OT] [Media] Just when you thought outsourcing couldn't get any worse... Brian MCSE 18 07-21-2004 06:29 PM
Teranews.com worse than Orcon News server steve NZ Computing 21 07-12-2004 01:24 PM
OT: Who is worse? Ken Briscoe MCSE 7 11-21-2003 09:30 PM



Advertisments