Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Google, do these guys ever stop

Google, do these guys ever stop

Collector»NZ

On my blog I have information on Googles new Web
Accelorator, a caching system using Google resources to
speed up pages for broadband connections.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
*Slow day Posts Blog*
Pictorial Amusement from the web at
http://nzcollector.blogspot.com

phstpok

Collector»NZ wrote:
> On my blog I have information on Googles new Web Accelorator, a caching
> system using Google resources to speed up pages for broadband connections.

I'm surprised they took this long.

Evil Bastard

phstpok wrote:
> Collector»NZ wrote:
>
>> On my blog I have information on Googles new Web Accelorator, a
>> caching system using Google resources to speed up pages for broadband
>> connections.
>>

> I'm surprised they took this long.

Shame it's windoze-only

--
Cheers
EB

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Collector=BBNZ?= sprang forth and uttered these
pithy words:
> On my blog I have information on Googles new Web
> Accelorator, a caching system using Google resources to
> speed up pages for broadband connections.

Seems very ambitious to offer web acceleration, mainly targetted at
broadband, to the whole world! But I guess they have the smarties to
figure out requirements...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

In article <4279b039$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
says...
> On my blog I have information on Googles new Web
> Accelorator, a caching system using Google resources to
> speed up pages for broadband connections.

Not all of the information by the sound of it.

I took a look yesterday, but as I'm in neither Europe or North America,
it doesn't seem worth playing with. Also, as much as we all love
Google, I'm not sure I want them tracking every non HTTPS url I request.

1. What is Google Web Accelerator?

Google Web Accelerator is an application that uses the power of Google's
global computer network to make web pages load faster. Google Web
Accelerator is easy to use; all you have to do is download and install
it, and from then on many web pages will automatically load faster than
before.

Please note that Google Web Accelerator is currently in beta test mode.
If you have any problems using it or have suggestions for how we can
improve it, please see the Google Group devoted to it.

Also note that during the first part of our beta testing period, users
outside of North America and Europe may not see much improvement in
their web page loading speed.