Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD now available in NZ

Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD now available in NZ

Steven Ellis

Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
locally.

Interesting review at
http://www.anandtech.com/displays/sh...spx?i=2400&p=1

Steve

Tim

Wait until you check the US price, the US price for corps, then the NZ
price. ...

I don't believe in donating hundreds of dollars to corporates. I would
rather buy a software license from MS.

- Tim

"Steven Ellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
> although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
> locally.
>
> Interesting review at
> http://www.anandtech.com/displays/sh...spx?i=2400&p=1
>
> Steve

Jedmeister

"Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:d59nof$pji$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Wait until you check the US price, the US price for corps, then the NZ
> price. ...
>
> I don't believe in donating hundreds of dollars to corporates. I would
> rather buy a software license from MS.
>
> - Tim

Economies of scale blah blah.

Interestingly, I checked the price to purchase this were I living in
Australia....$1,170 (in NZD)

The NZ price is $1369 nzd. Interestingly they throw in a free usb128 key?
WTF? Sounds like dumping.

I wonder why the difference between Aus and NZ considering Dell ships from
Malaysia anyway???

CSE

On 3 May 2005 21:44:37 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
>although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
>locally.
>
>Interesting review at
>http://www.anandtech.com/displays/sh...spx?i=2400&p=1
>
>Steve

Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and has to
be fixed..

Jedmeister

"CSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 3 May 2005 21:44:37 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
>>although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
>>locally.
>>
>>Interesting review at
>>http://www.anandtech.com/displays/sh...spx?i=2400&p=1
>>
>>Steve

> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and has
> be fixed..

What about radeon 9800 pro (dell oem)?

CSE

On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:39:50 +1200, "Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"CSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On 3 May 2005 21:44:37 -0700, "Steven Ellis" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone here considering this. Looks pretty damn good for the price,
>>>although the Apple 20" Cinema screen has now dropped to a similar price
>>>locally.
>>>
>>>Interesting review at
>>>http://www.anandtech.com/displays/sh...spx?i=2400&p=1
>>>
>>>Steve

>> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and has
>> be fixed..
>>

>What about radeon 9800 pro (dell oem)?

Does it support HDTV..?

Be also careful as some OEM cards are not the full quid..

I only read this on a Web site today, and I find its almost impossible to find
things again, tried all day to find a link to a Forum that I had printed out,
never found this link but in the end found it on the web site..

Will have a quick look again but it was for Nvidia cards..

Here it is

Top Article as of now.

http://www.hardocp.com/?

gimp

CSE wrote:
> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode

utter horse-**** woger.

Tim

You didn't look at the US prices did you?
You didn't look at some of the discounts they offer there did you?
Since Dell charges separately for "Delivery" there is no excuse for price
differentials like that.

Now, what is a 128MB USB Key worth? $10NZ? Everyone is giving them away
these days.

- Tim

"Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:95%de.3616$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Tim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d59nof$pji$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Wait until you check the US price, the US price for corps, then the NZ
>> price. ...
>>
>> I don't believe in donating hundreds of dollars to corporates. I would
>> rather buy a software license from MS.
>>
>> - Tim
>>

> Economies of scale blah blah.
>
> Interestingly, I checked the price to purchase this were I living in
> Australia....$1,170 (in NZD)
>
> The NZ price is $1369 nzd. Interestingly they throw in a free usb128 key?
> WTF? Sounds like dumping.
>
> I wonder why the difference between Aus and NZ considering Dell ships from
> Malaysia anyway???

CSE

On Wed, 04 May 2005 22:37:52 +1200, gimp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>CSE wrote:
>> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode

>utter horse-**** woger.

So go read the Link and Apologize..

Dick Head..

Jedmeister

"CSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Wed, 4 May 2005 21:39:50 +1200, "Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>"CSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

>>> Nvidia 3D cards GF 6600/6800 can't drive them in Wide Screen Mode and
>>> has
>>> be fixed..
>>>

>>What about radeon 9800 pro (dell oem)?
>>

> Does it support HDTV..?
>
> Be also careful as some OEM cards are not the full quid..
>
> I only read this on a Web site today, and I find its almost impossible to
> find
> things again, tried all day to find a link to a Forum that I had printed
> out,
> never found this link but in the end found it on the web site..
>
> Will have a quick look again but it was for Nvidia cards..
>
> Here it is
>

> Top Article as of now.
>
> http://www.hardocp.com/?

cheers