Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dual Layer Discs

Dual Layer Discs

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 3 May 2005 13:19:51 +1200, "JedMeister"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>"ShuckItAnShee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:VZzde.3174$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> newsXyde.3153$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> http://www.pbwellington.co.nz/p.aspx?3404
>>>

>>Not cheap - bluray will be here by the time these become affordable.
>>

>Yes, but you will have to mortgage your house for those.

I'm betting it won't stay that way for long. Look how quickly the price
of DVD writers dropped.

In the meantime stay away from DL--it's just not worth it, cost-wise,
speed-wise, and I hear also compatibility-wise.

CSE

On Tue, 03 May 2005 19:04:56 +1200, Chris Hope <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Chris Hope wrote:
>
>> Jerry wrote:

>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.fil...s/CTG0000113/2
>>>
>>> Dick Smith Mitsubishi @ $14.98 ea
>>>
>>> http://www.pbwellington.co.nz/c.aspx...es&s=Dvd+media
>>>
>>> PB Verbatim @ $12 + GST = $13.50
>>>
>>> The problem with Verbatim is that you can't rearrange the letters to
>>> spell "shitibums" (with an I left over)
>>>
>>> at any rate, dick doesn't seem to be "far far cheaper"

>> Well it just goes to prove that what Roger "thinks" and what is indeed
>> the truth is not always the same thing.

>Oh and I forgot to mention that it will come as no surprise to me if
>Roger now insults me because of my last post

Why did you Die..?

CSE

On Tue, 03 May 2005 19:01:57 +1200, Chris Hope <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Jerry wrote:
>
>> CSE wrote:

>>> The Dearest shop in Wellington..
>>>
>>> You must be joking..
>>>
>>> I think that DSE would be far far cheaper..

>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.fil...s/CTG0000113/2
>>
>> Dick Smith Mitsubishi @ $14.98 ea
>>
>> http://www.pbwellington.co.nz/c.aspx...es&s=Dvd+media
>>
>> PB Verbatim @ $12 + GST = $13.50
>>
>> The problem with Verbatim is that you can't rearrange the letters to
>> spell "shitibums" (with an I left over)
>>
>> at any rate, dick doesn't seem to be "far far cheaper"

>Well it just goes to prove that what Roger "thinks" and what is indeed
>the truth is not always the same thing.

But what I thought was Right al along, PBtech is dearer..

Chris Hope

CSE wrote:

> On Tue, 03 May 2005 19:01:57 +1200, Chris Hope
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Jerry wrote:

>>http://www.dse.co.nz/cgi-bin/dse.fil...s/CTG0000113/2
>>>
>>> Dick Smith Mitsubishi @ $14.98 ea
>>>
>>> http://www.pbwellington.co.nz/c.aspx...es&s=Dvd+media
>>>
>>> PB Verbatim @ $12 + GST = $13.50
>>>
>>> The problem with Verbatim is that you can't rearrange the letters to
>>> spell "shitibums" (with an I left over)
>>>
>>> at any rate, dick doesn't seem to be "far far cheaper"

>>Well it just goes to prove that what Roger "thinks" and what is indeed
>>the truth is not always the same thing.

> But what I thought was Right al along, PBtech is dearer..

PBTech is $13.50 incl GST per dual layer DVD+R. DSE is $14.98 incl GST
per dual layer DVD+R. How does that make PBTech more expensive than
DSE?

MarkH

CSE <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> But what I thought was Right al along, PBtech is dearer..

You are dumb Pyle, but do you mean to tell me that you don't know your
cheaper from your dearer?

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
understand binary and those that don't"

Nicolaas Hawkins

On Tue, 03 May 2005 10:48:03 GMT, MarkH <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
<newsFIde.6298392$(E-Mail Removed) >:

> CSE <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> But what I thought was Right al along, PBtech is dearer..

> You are dumb Pyle, but do you mean to tell me that you don't know your
> cheaper from your dearer?

How could he? He doesn't even know his dick from his little finger.

-=[Waylon Smithers]=-

>>Well it just goes to prove that what Roger "thinks" and what is indeed
>>the truth is not always the same thing.

> But what I thought was Right al along, PBtech is dearer..

Ahh hahahaha. Thanks Woger, I needed my laugh for the day !

I wonder if Gary Larson would do a drawing for us all of WOger ?