Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Make my DVD non-regional

Reply
Thread Tools

Make my DVD non-regional

 
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2005
Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
region"
I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
Any ideas?
Philips DVD727K

Jay
--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Invisible
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2005
On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:49:09 +1200, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
>region"
>I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
>Any ideas?
>Philips DVD727K
>


See how this goes:
http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...hilips+DVD+727



Region code hack posted by Fernando, November 03 2003:
Hello all,

I've just bought the Philips 727K in Chile (at a department store called
Falabella), on November 1st, 2003.
I applied the hack (power on, open, 9,9,9,9,0, close, power off) and it worked
fine!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
E. Scrooge
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2005

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:lkHae.1042$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
> region"
> I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
> Any ideas?
> Philips DVD727K
>
> Jay


Genie.

E. Scrooge


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-24-2005

"Invisible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:49:09 +1200, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Stuck a DVD in the drive (TV) tonight and up comes the message "wrong
>>region"
>>I've heard of the ability to patch, flash the firmware?
>>Any ideas?
>>Philips DVD727K
>>

>
> See how this goes:
> http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...hilips+DVD+727


Worked like a charm.
Cheers!

Jay



> Region code hack posted by Fernando, November 03 2003:
> Hello all,
>
> I've just bought the Philips 727K in Chile (at a department store called
> Falabella), on November 1st, 2003.
> I applied the hack (power on, open, 9,9,9,9,0, close, power off) and it
> worked
> fine!
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
DoggNZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2005
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
(*sling)> wrote:

<snip>
>
>Genie.
>

It's a standalone DVD player

 
Reply With Quote
 
Me
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2005
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
>(*sling)> wrote:
>
><snip>
>>
>>Genie.
>>

>It's a standalone DVD player

you didnt say so...
go back to the shop and ask or read the manual!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Jay
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2005

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
>>(*sling)> wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>>
>>>Genie.
>>>

>>It's a standalone DVD player

> you didnt say so...
> go back to the shop and ask or read the manual!


(not sure if you mean the OP... but that was me).
I said "TV" which implied standalone.
1. Noel Leeming wasn't open at that time of night
2. The manual mentioned nothing about over-riding the regional settings.

Jay


 
Reply With Quote
 
Stephen Worthington
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-26-2005
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:19:48 UTC, "Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <(E-Mail Removed)>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
> >>(*sling)> wrote:
> >>
> >><snip>
> >>>
> >>>Genie.
> >>>
> >>It's a standalone DVD player

> > you didnt say so...
> > go back to the shop and ask or read the manual!

>
> (not sure if you mean the OP... but that was me).
> I said "TV" which implied standalone.
> 1. Noel Leeming wasn't open at that time of night
> 2. The manual mentioned nothing about over-riding the regional settings.
>
> Jay


The bit about how to defeat the region coding is almost never in the
actual manual. It is normally a photocopied piece of paper added by
the distributers or by the shop. It is much more easy to lose than
the manual, so I usually staple it to the manual for safekeeping.
 
Reply With Quote
 
DoggNZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-29-2005
On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:49:35 +1200, Me <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:20:32 +1200, DoggNZ <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:54:42 +1200, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
>>(*sling)> wrote:
>>
>><snip>
>>>
>>>Genie.
>>>

>>It's a standalone DVD player

>you didnt say so...
>go back to the shop and ask or read the manual!


F**K off loser!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does one make use of sub files to make DVD? Bun Mui DVD Video 0 05-21-2006 03:24 PM
How does one make use of sub files to make DVD? Bun Mui Computer Support 0 05-21-2006 03:09 PM
DVD-R & DVD-RW & DVD+R & DVD+RW DVD-WTF Nozza Computer Support 5 12-02-2004 10:06 PM
Help! My Pioneer PC DVD-R116R DVD-ROM Won't Play Recent DVD NTSC R1 DVD Releases Hunter Computer Support 3 08-30-2003 06:06 AM
Help! My Pioneer PC DVD-R116R DVD-ROM Won't Play Recent DVD NTSC R1 DVD Releases Hunter DVD Video 3 08-30-2003 06:06 AM



Advertisments