Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Some light at the end of the tunnel regarding broadband competition...

Some light at the end of the tunnel regarding broadband competition...

Pacific Dragon

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...256FEA002CC06B
or http://tinyurl.com/bbzqu

....But the 128kbit upstream speed is likely to remain, ugh.

Mike_P

"Pacific Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...256FEA002CC06B
> or http://tinyurl.com/bbzqu
>
> ...But the 128kbit upstream speed is likely to remain, ugh.

Hmm... the last 'Draft' determination I saw recommended unbundling the local
loop. I don't put too much faith in 'Draft' determinations anymore.

Nova

Mike_P wrote:
> "Pacific Dragon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...256FEA002CC06B
>>or http://tinyurl.com/bbzqu
>>
>>...But the 128kbit upstream speed is likely to remain, ugh.

> Hmm... the last 'Draft' determination I saw recommended unbundling the local
> loop. I don't put too much faith in 'Draft' determinations anymore.

but it sure should be nice if it were to become reality.. a lot of areas
covered in that draft... static ip's, no traffic limits.. would be great
news..
Interesting they say it might only apply to telstra though.. I'm not
sure where that would leave all the smaller isp's that went along with
bitstream.... between telstra and telecom it could be a death blow?

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <426795e6$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>... static ip's, no traffic limits..

Drool, slobber...

Let me hear you say those luvly words again.

>... static ip's, no traffic limits..

Ahhh, that feels good...

Ian Boag

And if you leech so much that it blows Seeby's arithmetic out of the
water then of course that's HIS fault for offering it. If he backs off
from the "unlimited traffic" thing then the CC should smack him just
like they did with Telecom's "unlimited texts" backdown.

Lawrence DčOliveiro <(E-Mail Removed)_zealand> wrote:

>In article <426795e6$(E-Mail Removed)>, Nova <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>... static ip's, no traffic limits..

>Drool, slobber...
>
>Let me hear you say those luvly words again.
>
>>... static ip's, no traffic limits..

>Ahhh, that feels good...

Mike_P

"Ian Boag" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And if you leech so much that it blows Seeby's arithmetic out of the
> water then of course that's HIS fault for offering it. If he backs off
> from the "unlimited traffic" thing then the CC should smack him just
> like they did with Telecom's "unlimited texts" backdown.

Or like they did when Telecom said 'Oh, you can't offer unlimited UBS, we'll
change the specs and cap it"