Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Fax with wireless

Fax with wireless

brazen

Probably a ditzy question but....

We have recently moved to using broadband (wireless). Before, when we used
dial-up we just used the (data/fax/voice) modem to send/receive faxes as we
hardly ever had the need for them.

Is there a way of sending and receiving (or just sending even) faxes with
wireless? Or does it require a modem?

Thanks

Gay

ShuckItAnShee

There's this ......
http://www.tpc.int/

"brazen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d4493q$ahi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Probably a ditzy question but....
>
> We have recently moved to using broadband (wireless). Before, when we used
> dial-up we just used the (data/fax/voice) modem to send/receive faxes as

we
> hardly ever had the need for them.
>
> Is there a way of sending and receiving (or just sending even) faxes with
> wireless? Or does it require a modem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gay

PC

"brazen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d4493q$ahi$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Probably a ditzy question but....
>
> We have recently moved to using broadband (wireless). Before, when we used
> dial-up we just used the (data/fax/voice) modem to send/receive faxes as
> we
> hardly ever had the need for them.
>
> Is there a way of sending and receiving (or just sending even) faxes with
> wireless? Or does it require a modem?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gay

You need your fax modem.

To send a fax via the 'Internet' you need to subscribe to a fax portal
service (as previous post suggests) that makes a local call to connect to
the target fax machine. This 'portal' service will itself use a fax modem to
talk to the other fax machine.

Cheers
Paul.

rupert