Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon News Server

Orcon News Server

Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet

I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
happy?

Cheers
Seeby

Bling-Bling

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:23:17 +1200, Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet
wrote:

> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?
>
> Cheers
> Seeby

When will Orcon be offering true, flatrate, uncapped, full-speed (8mbit)
broadband (with static IP) for residential clients?

Such a service is already available in the USA.

Bling Bling

Collector»NZ

Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet said the following on 19/04/2005 6:23 p.m.:
> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?
>
> Cheers
> Seeby

Judgement reserved for now, but it is functioning and now that it
appears to have caught up the articles its usable.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

Redbaiter

Bling-Bling says
> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:23:17 +1200, Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet
> wrote:
>
> > I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> > So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> > happy?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Seeby

> When will Orcon be offering true, flatrate, uncapped, full-speed (8mbit)
> broadband (with static IP) for residential clients?
>
> Such a service is already available in the USA.

FFS, the guy has the good grace to front up here on a newsgroup
and deal with the issues honestly, and idiots like you, not even
an Orcon user, hassle him with **** like this? Start a damn ISP
yourself if you think you know how it should be done you ****ant
whiner...

Nova

Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet wrote:
> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?
>
> Cheers
> Seeby

seems to be going fine...

Steve

"Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:4264a3cf$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?
>
> Cheers
> Seeby

Seems to be fine.

Cheers

Chris Hope

Bling-Bling wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:23:17 +1200, Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet
> wrote:
>
>> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
>> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
>> happy?
>>

> When will Orcon be offering true, flatrate, uncapped, full-speed
> (8mbit) broadband (with static IP) for residential clients?
>
> Such a service is already available in the USA.

Yeah and bandwidth is incredibly cheap in the USA, hence the good deals.
On the other hand it's incredibly expensive in New Zealand and we'll be
lucky if we see such plans in the next ten years.

-=rjh=-

Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet wrote:
> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?

Yup, it is getting better all the time, and is much faster than I've
been used to

Thanks

~misfit~

Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet wrote:
> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?
>
> Cheers
> Seeby

Hi Seeby,

I've been using another server but downloading my groups from the Orcon
server as well. To be honest I haven't checked them for a while, I've been
waiting for a couple of 'all clear' posts first. There's nothing worse than
spending some considerable time and effort writing posts only to not have
them show up or be too late to be topical.

I'll watch this thread for answers.

Cheers,
--
~misfit~

Brendan

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:23:17 +1200, Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet wrote:

> I haven't heard any grumbles for a few days..
> So - how is everyone finding the news server now?
> happy?
>
> Cheers
> Seeby

I have not had any trouble with it for a few days now. Authentication
errors, slowness, etc seem to have cleared up a lot.

I understand Telecon has recently opened up 2 mbit UBS to ISP's. When will
Orcon be offering that to us customers ?

I have considered moving to worldnet to get it, but telecon's churn
extortion and worldnet's awkward mail-only sign up give me reason to
procrastinate. For a short time....

--

.... Brendan

"Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent." -- George Orwell

Note: All my comments are copyright 19/04/2005 7:40:35 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.