Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Northwood/Prescott

Northwood/Prescott

Ron

Hi,

My old motherboard supports S478 p4 Northwood processor. I would like to
upgrade the speed, and want to know if the newer S478 Prescott processors
are compatible.

Thanks

CSE

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:52:35 +1200, "Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My old motherboard supports S478 p4 Northwood processor. I would like to
>upgrade the speed, and want to know if the newer S478 Prescott processors
>are compatible.
>
>Thanks

Check up with the MoBo makes as a lot are not, and it can depend of the
Revision of the MoBo..

The Prescotts use a lot more power 103w from memory when the old P4c used
some 82w..

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Ron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My old motherboard supports S478 p4 Northwood processor. I would like to
> upgrade the speed, and want to know if the newer S478 Prescott processors
> are compatible.

what model motherboard?
ask the place you got it from.