Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > new firmware Benq 1620 drive

new firmware Benq 1620 drive

Craig Sutton

From Cdfreaks site

BenQ 1620 recieves another firmware update!
Posted by Quakester2000 on 15 April 2005 - 13:26 - Source: BenQ

BenQ has released another firmware update for its venerable BenQ 1620
DVD-Rewriter which adds media support, fixes a few bugs and increases
compability. The firmware update brings the firmware revision to B7V9 and
improves compatibility with the Nforce chipset, as well as fixing an issue
with nero's simulation mode. Support for MJC 16x +R media, Gig 16x DVD-R
media and Ritek 16x DVD-R F1 media has also been added. You can get firmware
B7V9 at BenQ's firmware page. You can find out how BenQ users are finding
the new firmware by checking out the BenQ Forum.

Release Reasons:

1. Improved the compatibility with nForce chipset.
2. Fixed "no data found" issue of a CD-R disc which burnt by Nero and
Simulation mode is selected.
3. Added support for MJC 16x DVD+R, Giga 16x DVD-R & Ritek 16x DVD-R F1
media.

BenQ has supported this drive extremely well with speed upgrades 2.4x DL >
4x DL and regular firmware updates to improve the drive. BenQ is sure making
a name for itself in the DVD-rewriter market.

John

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:55:52 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:

> From Cdfreaks site
>
> BenQ 1620 recieves another firmware update!

Unlike my other DVD drive (Liteon 812s) the BenQ will flash back to an
older firmware date if wanted.

Another download from BenQ worth getting is the Qscan utility, checks
media before burning for reliability and speed.

I purchased the BenQ from PlayTech, and the tax invoice I received
from them states one year warranty, but if you go the BenQ Australian
web site it states two years for BenQ burners in Australia and NZ,also
gives a 0800 in NZ to call for service.

http://www.benq.com.au/Doc/BenQ_A&NZ_Warranty.pdf

All in all I'm pleased with the drive, and PlayTech. This is the first
time I've dealt with PlayTech and I'm impressed with the service I
received.

Regards,
John.

shocker

John wrote:

> I purchased the BenQ from PlayTech, and the tax invoice I received
> from them states one year warranty, but if you go the BenQ Australian
> web site it states two years for BenQ burners in Australia and NZ,also
> gives a 0800 in NZ to call for service.
>
> http://www.benq.com.au/Doc/BenQ_A&NZ_Warranty.pdf

unless theyre a parallal importer in which case you'll probably be ****
out of luck.

GraB

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:13:26 +1200, John <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:55:52 +1200, Craig Sutton wrote:
>
>> From Cdfreaks site
>>
>> BenQ 1620 recieves another firmware update!

>Unlike my other DVD drive (Liteon 812s) the BenQ will flash back to an
>older firmware date if wanted.

You can do all sorts of things with Liteon drives. Try Flashfix from
http://digi.rpc1.org/flashfix.htm . My Liteon 812S is running
CodeGuys firmware CG5G for 832S from
http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html using Omnipatcher.