Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon News Server

Orcon News Server

Collector»NZ

When oh when is it going to catch up and stop dragging in months old
articles in nz.gen and nz.comp in fact all nz.groups?

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |

steve

Collector»NZ wrote:
> When oh when is it going to catch up and stop dragging in months old
> articles in nz.gen and nz.comp in fact all nz.groups?

I changed my number of incoming posts limit from 1,000 to
100,000......hoping that I would somehow trigger the server to get more
posts in alt.politics.....but today it pulled down 359 posts - almost
all from June 2003....but one original post was from me....and ONE other
posts was a follow-up from someone else inanother thread.

So about 99.75% of the posts there are not current and another 99.9% of
the TOTAL number of posts aren't there at all.

Craig Whitmore

I've been working on the New Server this morning and hopefully it will start
to get better soon. It was trying to get messages which are too old and was
never catching up properly with current messages.

Thanks
- Craig

news:4260500b$(E-Mail Removed)...