Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > About the Fatal1ty board !!

About the Fatal1ty board !!

Loupole

Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides the ones
that came with the motherboard ??

When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of raid or
Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall and I don't know
how it was all set up or config to they way they had it !!

When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

Can anyone help me find out how it was set up !!

Loupole

Specs

Intel 3.8 overclocked to 4.2
Abit Fatal1ty Motherboard
512x2 or Kingston 600mhz Ram
floppy driver
DVD rom
DVD writer
Powercolour XT 850 graphics card
XP Pro

Loupole

Opps 1x200GB seagate and one 80Gb seagate for Windows

"Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:425de583$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides the
> ones that came with the motherboard ??
>
> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of raid or
> Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall and I don't
> know how it was all set up or config to they way they had it !!
>
> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!
>
> Can anyone help me find out how it was set up !!
>
> Loupole
>
> Specs
>
> Intel 3.8 overclocked to 4.2
> Abit Fatal1ty Motherboard
> 512x2 or Kingston 600mhz Ram
> floppy driver
> DVD rom
> DVD writer
> Powercolour XT 850 graphics card
> XP Pro

~misfit~

Loupole wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
> the ones that came with the motherboard ??
>
> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
> raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
> and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they had
> it !!
>
> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is not
good. Give me slower and stable any day.
--
~misfit~

Tim

The chipset drivers should be on the motherboard cd.
Check the abit web site for updated drivers. Check your motherboard model
revision level carefully before downloading new bios, chipset and other
drivers as there are often new motherboard versions with subtle but
important differences.

Load bios defaults and don't overclock until you achieve a stable system.
My recommendation would be not to overclock full stop - 400Mhz improvement
from 3.8Ghz is only slightly over 10% - good for overclocking, but you will
be hard pushed to ever notice the improvement.

"Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:425de583$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides the
> ones that came with the motherboard ??
>
> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of raid or
> Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall and I don't
> know how it was all set up or config to they way they had it !!
>
> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!
>
> Can anyone help me find out how it was set up !!
>
> Loupole
>
> Specs
>
> Intel 3.8 overclocked to 4.2
> Abit Fatal1ty Motherboard
> 512x2 or Kingston 600mhz Ram
> floppy driver
> DVD rom
> DVD writer
> Powercolour XT 850 graphics card
> XP Pro

Loupole

Mum turned the drier on and overloaded the power in the house and blew a
fuse !! The computer works fine !!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Loupole wrote:
>> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
>> the ones that came with the motherboard ??
>>
>> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
>> raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
>> and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they had
>> it !!
>>
>> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

> Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is not
> good. Give me slower and stable any day.
> --
> ~misfit~

Dave Taylor

"Loupole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Mum turned the drier on and overloaded the power in the house and blew

> fuse !! The computer works fine !!
>
> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Loupole wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
>>> the ones that came with the motherboard ??
>>>
>>> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
>>> raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
>>> and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they had
>>> it !!
>>>
>>> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

>> Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is

not
>> good. Give me slower and stable any day.
>> --
>> ~misfit~

This reminds me of the old tech support story about the cardboard box and
the power outage and not being able to see...

--
Ciao, Dave

~misfit~

Loupole wrote:

<Top-posting fixed>

> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Loupole wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if there are other drivers that I can use besides
>>> the ones that came with the motherboard ??
>>>
>>> When they built it at the computer shop it was using some kind of
>>> raid or Ahci drivers...But I have had a crash and had to reinstall
>>> and I don't know how it was all set up or config to they way they
>>> had it !!
>>>
>>> When they set it up it was running like a rocket so fast !!

>> Seems it was running too fast if it crashed. Fast but not stable is
>> not good. Give me slower and stable any day.
>>

> Mum turned the drier on and overloaded the power in the house and
> blew a fuse !! The computer works fine !!

WorkeD fine! Not anymore.

It seems strange that a simple power outage would cause that much damage. I
hard-reset Win XP PCs fairly often, a similar situation to just removing
power, then restarting, and have no problems. It seems that your speedster
PC *needs* a UPS to be reliable, when you get it going again.

I suggest you speak to the guys at the shop who set it up for you. If you
can't afford to get them to set it up again I don't see why they wouldn't
give you some simple instructions and the RAID/ACPI drivers on floppy.
(Which you need to install XP with RAID).
--
~misfit~