Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Packet loss, timeouts on Orcon Bitstream last 24 hours

Packet loss, timeouts on Orcon Bitstream last 24 hours

g00g1eme@gmail.com

Has anyone else been experiencing intermittent connection problems on
Orcon Bitstream in the last 24 hours? I'm not going to even bother
trying to get through to the help desk.

If I do a tracert to orcon.net.nz it times out after the third hop. I
get as far as fe-colocation-core.nct.orcon.net.nz and then nothing.

Mike_P

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Has anyone else been experiencing intermittent connection problems on
> Orcon Bitstream in the last 24 hours? I'm not going to even bother
> trying to get through to the help desk.
>
> If I do a tracert to orcon.net.nz it times out after the third hop. I
> get as far as fe-colocation-core.nct.orcon.net.nz and then nothing.

LOL, last 24hrs... try the last 4 months.!

wogers nemesis

On 13 Apr 2005 00:37:07 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Has anyone else been experiencing intermittent connection problems on
> Orcon Bitstream in the last 24 hours? I'm not going to even bother
> trying to get through to the help desk.
>
> If I do a tracert to orcon.net.nz it times out after the third hop. I
> get as far as fe-colocation-core.nct.orcon.net.nz and then nothing.

Does tracert use port 80? I see at least they have finally stopped
limiting port 119 ... finally.

Seeby Woodhouse - Orcon Internet

Traceroutes are blocked to orcon.net.nz - so it's not packet loss
try using pathping to the site you are experiencing problems with for a more
accurate picture

Seeby