Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Firefox Extensions and flash

Firefox Extensions and flash

Big Fat Bloke

Hi, I am having problems with sites that have flash objects like the web
page below for example. They open and play ok in IE but just a blank outline
in FF. Do I need an Extension if so which one or is there a tweak I need to
do.

http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702...t.swf?i=003702

Thanks

Fat bloke

gwtc

Big Fat Bloke wrote:
> Hi, I am having problems with sites that have flash objects like the web
> page below for example. They open and play ok in IE but just a blank outline
> in FF. Do I need an Extension if so which one or is there a tweak I need to
> do.
>
> http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702...t.swf?i=003702
>

> Thanks
>
> Fat bloke

nothing happens here:
http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702...t.swf?i=003702,
but it does here: http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702. Are you sure
flash is installed? You need the one for FF or Moz. Go here and test
your flash. Does it work?:
http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/welcome/ and here:
http://www.macromedia.com/software/flash/about/

Miller

*gwtc* wrote on 31.03.06 10:29:
> Big Fat Bloke wrote:
>> Hi, I am having problems with sites that have flash objects like the web
>> page below for example. They open and play ok in IE but just a blank outline
>> in FF. Do I need an Extension if so which one or is there a tweak I need to
>> do.
>>
>> http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702...t.swf?i=003702
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> Fat bloke

> nothing happens here:
> http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702...t.swf?i=003702,
> but it does here: http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702.

Right. This link is twice "http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702" with "%E" in the
middle. http://fcmx.net/vec/get.swf?i=003702 only works for me.

bye, Miller

Big Fat Bloke

Thanks for the replies and links, I have now got the latest flash installed
for FF

Fat bloke