Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > bitTorrent clients - suggestions please.

bitTorrent clients - suggestions please.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
one higher priority" sort of thing.

nova

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
> users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
> preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
> pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
> one higher priority" sort of thing.

azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
think of , does require java though.. but it does what you asked about
above, the queueing in it is great, you can say if this torrent goes
below this speed then start another etc etc.

Craig Shore

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:25:08 +1200, nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
>> users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
>> preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
>> pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
>> one higher priority" sort of thing.

>azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
>think of , does require java though.. but it does what you asked about
>above, the queueing in it is great, you can say if this torrent goes
>below this speed then start another etc etc.

I tried Azereus a while back, and thought it was pretty good. But then I tried
another one called ABC (yet Another Bittorrent Client). I found it to be heaps
better. It was based on bitTornado.
http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/

nova

Craig Shore wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:25:08 +1200, nova <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>>
>>>At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
>>>users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
>>>preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
>>>pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
>>>one higher priority" sort of thing.

>>azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
>>think of , does require java though.. but it does what you asked about
>>above, the queueing in it is great, you can say if this torrent goes
>>below this speed then start another etc etc.

> I tried Azereus a while back, and thought it was pretty good. But then I tried
> another one called ABC (yet Another Bittorrent Client). I found it to be heaps
> better. It was based on bitTornado.
> http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/

heh for me it was vice versa, each to their own .

Gordon

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 13:25:08 +1200, nova wrote:

> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
>> At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
>> users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
>> preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
>> pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
>> one higher priority" sort of thing.

> azereus, its the bomb!, has settings for just about anything you can
> think of , does require java though..

And because of that it runs on several platforms.

Paul W

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
>users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
>preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
>pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give this
>one higher priority" sort of thing.

HI Dave
You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
A great little program that works
-Cheers Paul
"Overclockers do it hotter and faster"

Alan

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> At the moment Im using bitTornado but was wondering what the windows
> users out there used as their favs, I would like something that
> preferably groups all downloads into one window with the ability to
> pause/resume each individually, and potentially rank them as "give
> this one higher priority" sort of thing.

Hi,

No particular preferences since I am also looking myself, but I have
found that Azereus seems not to work if you have the latest version of
ZoneAlarm installed.

Anyone who can confirm that I am wrong about that - I would be glad to
hear a different opinion.

Alan.

El Penguino

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:40:16 +1200, Paul W <NoSpamMail@.com> wrote:

>You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
>problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
>A great little program that works

bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
you want.

I prefer to use azureus unless I have a situation for bit comet.

Dave Taylor

El Penguino <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
> you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
> you want.

Azureaus can do this if you open the actual torrent and look around. I
think it is in the transfer tab.
--
Ciao, Dave

nova

El Penguino wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 18:40:16 +1200, Paul W <NoSpamMail@.com> wrote:
>

>>You could try bitcomet http://www.bitcomet.com/ I have had no
>>problems or crashes and it has no spy ware or nag ware
>>A great little program that works

> bitcomet does one thing that azureus doesn't , and that is it allows
> you to view the files that constitute a download and only take ones
> you want.
>
> I prefer to use azureus unless I have a situation for bit comet.

Azereus can do this, you just need to click on the torrent then go to
the file tab from there you can select which files you want or give
priority to certain files in the torrent etc.

Thats pretty standard stuff in most clients these days