Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Traffic monitor?

Traffic monitor?

GraB

I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
reason at a random time, which renders them useless.

Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

XPD

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>
> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/

Brilliant program

Immortal

http://4g.virtual.net.nz/tuc/
Excellent little proggy for those purposes.

GraB wrote:

> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>
> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

CSE

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 05:29:53 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
>looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
>Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
>reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>
>Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

For Dialup I use Netpal but its not free..

Dave Taylor

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1113162762.438580
@drone4.qsi.net.nz:

> "GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
>> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
>> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
>> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>>
>> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

> http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
>
> Brilliant program

I second this one. To bad the close off date is not adjustable, but hey,
it is free.

--
Ciao, Dave

Dave Taylor

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:1113162762.438580
@drone4.qsi.net.nz:

> "GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
>> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
>> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
>> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>>
>> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

> http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
>
> Brilliant program

Ooh, I just found the close off date option, yay

--
Ciao, Dave

GraB

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 07:51:04 +1200, "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
>> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
>> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
>> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>>
>> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

>http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
>
>Brilliant program

Seems good so far.

phstpok

GraB wrote:
> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>
> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

Network Traffic Monitor

Chris Wilkinson

Hi there,

GraB wrote:
> I am considering going to IHUG's 256K lite bliink from dial-up. Been
> looking for a way to measure data up/download totals. Tried Netstat
> Live and Down2Home but both have reset their totals for no apparent
> reason at a random time, which renders them useless.
>
> Any suggestions for one that works, preferably free?

Can you get account info from ihug via web? Might have a
monthly usage total there...

--
Kind regards,

Chris Wilkinson, Brisbane, Australia.