Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > continuing saga of a mailserver

continuing saga of a mailserver

Shane (aka froggy)

Update. have got postfix installed sweet
and it runs absosmurfly perfect, with mysql and tls
courier OTOH is being a poo
for the life of me I cant authenticate into IMAP nor POP3
(trying with telnet)
My guess is courier isnt making mysql lookups, or its misinterpreting the
returns.
MYSQL logs arent showing any errors, and I cant find how to watch courier
make the lookup
any ideas?
TIA

Shane (aka froggy)

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:27:54 +1200, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

> Update. have got postfix installed sweet
> and it runs absosmurfly perfect, with mysql and tls
> courier OTOH is being a poo
> for the life of me I cant authenticate into IMAP nor POP3
> (trying with telnet)
> My guess is courier isnt making mysql lookups, or its misinterpreting the
> returns.
> MYSQL logs arent showing any errors, and I cant find how to watch courier
> make the lookup
> any ideas?
> TIA

er.. hold that thought.. some idiot didnt uncomment log= in my.cnf

(ever noticed that within 3-5 seconds of posting the answer suddenly comes
to you... despite 3 days of looking :-\

Enkidu

Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:27:54 +1200, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
>

>>Update. have got postfix installed sweet
>>and it runs absosmurfly perfect, with mysql and tls
>>courier OTOH is being a poo
>>for the life of me I cant authenticate into IMAP nor POP3
>>(trying with telnet)
>>My guess is courier isnt making mysql lookups, or its misinterpreting the
>>returns.
>>MYSQL logs arent showing any errors, and I cant find how to watch courier
>>make the lookup
>>any ideas?
>>

> er.. hold that thought.. some idiot didnt uncomment log= in my.cnf
>
> (ever noticed that within 3-5 seconds of posting the answer suddenly comes
> to you... despite 3 days of looking :-\

Do you have the courier authdeamon running? Is authmysql in
the "authmodulelist" in authdaemonrc?

Cheers,

Cliff

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <4258c6f7$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Enkidu <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Is authmysql in the "authmodulelist" in authdaemonrc?

I suppose the answer to that would have to be "authyes" or "authno".

Authjust authkidding...

Shane (aka froggy)

>> er.. hold that thought.. some idiot didnt uncomment log= in my.cnf
>>
>> (ever noticed that within 3-5 seconds of posting the answer suddenly comes
>> to you... despite 3 days of looking :-\
> >

> Do you have the courier authdeamon running? Is authmysql in
> the "authmodulelist" in authdaemonrc?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Cliff

yes and yes
I have mysql logging correctly now, and indeed courier is making the
appropriate mysql queries, when I get a chance I intend having a very
close look at those queries as I saw a post _somewhere_ (god knows where)
where someone had courier having too many somethings in its request

heres where its up to
6 Connect root@localhost on
6 Init DB provider
6 Query SELECT email, "", clear, 5000, 5000, "/home/vmail",concat(email,'/'), "", "", "" FROM
users WHERE email = "(E-Mail Removed)"
6 Quit

I havent looked at this properly yet, so if ya spot something obvious give
me a tantrum or two before ya spill