Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Worlds Most Compatible HTML editor

Worlds Most Compatible HTML editor

Collector»NZ

This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.

The BEST HTML EDITOR
http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.

> The BEST HTML EDITOR
> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

gutted, the download links wont launch in mozilla/FF... or for that
matter in IE.

I seems to recall a patch addressing this(remotly launching apps
potentially with variables too)

AD.

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:18:15 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
>
> The BEST HTML EDITOR
> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

I take issue with their claim...

"The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"

Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad

--
Cheers
Anton

Dave - Dave.net.nz

AD. wrote:
>>This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
>>will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
>>The BEST HTML EDITOR
>>http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

> I take issue with their claim...
> "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
> Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
> that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad

grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

C9H8O4

"Collector»NZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
>
> The BEST HTML EDITOR
> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt
> --
> >>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

> Newsgroups
> =----

You gotta love those ultrafast download times. I'm waiting for them to
release that cmd.exe DOS shell I've heard so much about

-=rjh=-

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> AD. wrote:
>
>>> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
>>> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
>>> The BEST HTML EDITOR
>>> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

>> I take issue with their claim...
>> "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
>> Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
>> that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad

> grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

Notepad2 does the job, heaps of syntax highlighting (including html,
python, perl, etc - about 25 in total plus ability to customise your
own), mac, unix and windows line endings, large files, heaps of features
yet still easy to use and fast; and free.

Enkidu

Collector»NZ wrote:
> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
>
> The BEST HTML EDITOR
> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

What's wrong with edlin?

Cheers,

Cliff

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

CR/LF is the Internet standard.

A.D.

-=rjh=- wrote:
> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

>>> I take issue with their claim...
>>> "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
>>> Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
>>> that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad

>> grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

> Notepad2 does the job, heaps of syntax highlighting (including html,
> python, perl, etc - about 25 in total plus ability to customise your
> own), mac, unix and windows line endings, large files, heaps of features
> yet still easy to use and fast; and free.

I like this version of NotePad better;
http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

A.D.

Enkidu

Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "AD." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

> CR/LF is the Internet standard.

Every browser I've used has had no problems with the Unix
version. It's one area where all browsers behave the same.
In fact, you can get "compressors" which remove all blank
space and line endings and create a single undifferentiated
blob of data and it still renders OK.

Cheers,

Cliff