Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > IT "globalisation"

IT "globalisation"

thing

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/ma...er=rssuserland

found it interesting

regards

Thing

Jedmeister

"thing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/ma...er=rssuserland
>
> found it interesting
>
> regards
>
> Thing

Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
the work then?

thing

Lawrence DčOliveiro wrote:
> In article <BNo5e.16983$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> "Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>"thing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/ma...ewanted=2&ei=5
>>>090&en=cc2a003cd936d374&ex=1270267200&partner=r ssuserland

>>Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
>>countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
>>the work then?

> Africa.

yep, EDS was already looking at Egypt as the next cheap labour source.

regards

Thing

thing

Jedmeister wrote:
> "thing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/ma...er=rssuserland
>>
>>found it interesting
>>
>>regards
>>
>>Thing

> Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
> countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
> the work then?

While talking about knowledge workers, what about the next stage, ie
Indian CEO's. Why do we need mediocre top managers? ones from India etc
should be as good if not better and way cheaper....

regards

thing

Lawrence DčOliveiro

In article <BNo5e.16983$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"thing" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/ma...ewanted=2&ei=5
>> 090&en=cc2a003cd936d374&ex=1270267200&partner=rssu serland

>Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
>countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
>the work then?

Africa.