Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > I need help im at wits end Graphics card question

I need help im at wits end Graphics card question

Starkey

I want to update my graphics card Its a Radeon 9600 series 256megs of
ram.
im using cataylst drivers 4.9 but when ever i update i reset it loads
up to the window xp screen then my monitor goes straight to standby.
Then i reset comp and it comes up with safe mode options, i usually
press last working config does excatly the same.
So i goto into safe mode and do a restore from like a day before, it
works but only sometimes.

i want to update too the latest drivers which are 5.14 or something so
i install them i get a sereve 0 error installing it.

Im really getting ****ed off because a i dont know if im installing
them right or i have stuffed files somewhere.

Im using windows Xp pro

Plz help

BILL

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 18:53:04 +1200, Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I want to update my graphics card Its a Radeon 9600 series 256megs of
>ram.
>im using cataylst drivers 4.9 but when ever i update i reset it loads
>up to the window xp screen then my monitor goes straight to standby.
>Then i reset comp and it comes up with safe mode options, i usually
>press last working config does excatly the same.
>So i goto into safe mode and do a restore from like a day before, it
>works but only sometimes.
>
>i want to update too the latest drivers which are 5.14 or something so
>i install them i get a sereve 0 error installing it.
>
>Im really getting ****ed off because a i dont know if im installing
>them right or i have stuffed files somewhere.
>
>Im using windows Xp pro
>
>Plz help

Try removing the old Drivers first..

And try this removable tool as well

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Dave Taylor

Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Im using windows Xp pro
>
> Plz help

Tried this?
Boot to safe Mode
unistall old drivers from control panel, reboot.
on the reboot if prompted for drivers for new hardware click , CANCEL.
Install new drivers.

I do not own a card like yours, you should look into the "Clean Install"
for your card on the manufacturer's support site. Some have a "driver
removal tool".
Follow the instructions, read the readme.txt files that come with your
tool and your drivers.
Run the driver cleaner tool, reboot, then install the new ones.
Call support for the card? Maybe it needs new firmware to support the
new drivers? Maybe your video card is not what you thought it was?

--
Ciao, Dave

GraB

On 7 Apr 2005 20:20:55 +1200, Dave Taylor
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed) :
>
>> Im using windows Xp pro
>>
>> Plz help
>>

>Tried this?
>Boot to safe Mode
>unistall old drivers from control panel, reboot.
>on the reboot if prompted for drivers for new hardware click , CANCEL.
>Install new drivers.
>
>I do not own a card like yours, you should look into the "Clean Install"
>for your card on the manufacturer's support site. Some have a "driver
>removal tool".
> Follow the instructions, read the readme.txt files that come with your
>tool and your drivers.
> Run the driver cleaner tool, reboot, then install the new ones.
>Call support for the card? Maybe it needs new firmware to support the
>new drivers? Maybe your video card is not what you thought it was?

It is my understanding when updating a Radeon to install a generic
Windows super vga driver first, uninstall the old one, then install
the new one.

Mercury

Safe mode runs the generic vga drivers... So that is an alternative method.

"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 7 Apr 2005 20:20:55 +1200, Dave Taylor
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m:
>>
>>> Im using windows Xp pro
>>>
>>> Plz help
>>>

>>Tried this?
>>Boot to safe Mode
>>unistall old drivers from control panel, reboot.
>>on the reboot if prompted for drivers for new hardware click , CANCEL.
>>Install new drivers.
>>
>>I do not own a card like yours, you should look into the "Clean Install"
>>for your card on the manufacturer's support site. Some have a "driver
>>removal tool".
>> Follow the instructions, read the readme.txt files that come with your
>>tool and your drivers.
>> Run the driver cleaner tool, reboot, then install the new ones.
>>Call support for the card? Maybe it needs new firmware to support the
>>new drivers? Maybe your video card is not what you thought it was?

> It is my understanding when updating a Radeon to install a generic
> Windows super vga driver first, uninstall the old one, then install
> the new one.

GraB

On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 21:10:31 +1200, "Mercury" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Safe mode runs the generic vga drivers... So that is an alternative method.
>
>"GraB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On 7 Apr 2005 20:20:55 +1200, Dave Taylor
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Starkey <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed) :

>>>Tried this?
>>>Boot to safe Mode
>>>unistall old drivers from control panel, reboot.
>>>on the reboot if prompted for drivers for new hardware click , CANCEL.
>>>Install new drivers.
>>>
>>>I do not own a card like yours, you should look into the "Clean Install"
>>>for your card on the manufacturer's support site. Some have a "driver
>>>removal tool".
>>> Follow the instructions, read the readme.txt files that come with your
>>>tool and your drivers.
>>> Run the driver cleaner tool, reboot, then install the new ones.
>>>Call support for the card? Maybe it needs new firmware to support the
>>>new drivers? Maybe your video card is not what you thought it was?

>> It is my understanding when updating a Radeon to install a generic
>> Windows super vga driver first, uninstall the old one, then install
>> the new one.

Can you install drivers in safe mode?

Please help me pass an array from VBA to Perl and populate it. Newbie at wits' end! david.f.jenkins@usa.net Perl Misc 10 10-06-2006 07:18 PM
Failed Install - Please help I'm at my wits end... =?Utf-8?B?U2FtIEFkYW1z?= Windows 64bit 4 03-06-2006 10:38 AM
At my wits end Muckey ASP .Net 1 03-02-2004 06:31 AM
ISDN Dial Backup @ Wits End... Charles U Farley Cisco 23 02-23-2004 05:13 PM
Re: Wits' End method - a question The Puppy Wizard Digital Photography 6 09-29-2003 06:01 PM

Advertisments