Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > The Borg took on a poor student.... who fought back and won!

The Borg took on a poor student.... who fought back and won!

Bling-Bling

A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
techniques.

http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

Bling Bling

--
Groklaw: "Seriously, the problem Microsoft has with its FUD is this: it waited
too long. Too many solid, upstanding, capitalist corporations now believe in

Peter

Bling-Bling wrote:
> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
> techniques.
>
> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

sorta long - but an interesting read
(should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all goodness
and light)

Peter

steve

Bling-Bling wrote:
> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
> techniques.
>
> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html
>
> Bling Bling

Good one.

Lazy, arrogant Microsoft lawyers get caught out.

Adam

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:32:19 +1200, Bling-Bling wrote:

>A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
>techniques.
>
>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

Well worth the read ... though he "won" his case, the killer for me
is:

"Zamos is no longer allowed to speak about the case, which is just the
way Microsoft wants it."

Adam.

Windows User

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
>techniques.
>
>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

Once you dig through all the bullshit and obfuscation then this last
statement near the very bottom sticks out like dogs balls

"Microsoft's academic program is a special low cost program that
promotes education by providing students and qualified academic
institutions software at reduced prices. This program can be abused
when software is purchased for academic prices and resold to the
general public."

In NZ there are restrictions on what end users can sell so why this
should be different is a mystery

Windows User

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:36:05 +1200, Peter <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Bling-Bling wrote:
>> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
>> techniques.
>>
>> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

>sorta long - but an interesting read
>(should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all goodness
>and light)

Anyone believe this?

Mercury

"sorta long"?

Huge waffle.

What was the point?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bling-Bling wrote:
>> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
>> techniques.
>>
>> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

> sorta long - but an interesting read
> (should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all
> goodness
> and light)
>

> Peter

Max Burke

> Windows User scribbled:

>> Peter wrote:

>> Bling-Bling wrote:
>>> A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer
>>> relations techniques.
>>> http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

>> sorta long - but an interesting read
>> (should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all
>> goodness and light)

> Anyone believe this?

Naaaa....

It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

Found Images

shannon

On Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:08:49 +1200, Max Burke wrote:

>> Windows User scribbled:

>>> Peter wrote:

>>> sorta long - but an interesting read
>>> (should be compulsory reading for those who think Microsoft is all
>>> goodness and light)

>> Anyone believe this?

> Naaaa....
>
> It's just anothe MS bashing post from some Linux 'advocates'.....

*RTFA*
Its a Windows user's fight with Microsoft all the way, I don't think linux
is mentioned at all.

Bret

On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 23:18:44 +1200, Windows User
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 05 Apr 2005 19:32:19 +1200, Bling-Bling
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>A facinating read about Micro$oft's superior <sniggar> customer relations
>>techniques.
>>
>>http://clevescene.com/issues/2005-03...ure_print.html

>Once you dig through all the bullshit and obfuscation then this last
>statement near the very bottom sticks out like dogs balls
>
>"Microsoft's academic program is a special low cost program that
>promotes education by providing students and qualified academic
>institutions software at reduced prices. This program can be abused
>when software is purchased for academic prices and resold to the
>general public."
>
>In NZ there are restrictions on what end users can sell so why this
>should be different is a mystery

Try reading all the words on the page and you wont look so foolish