Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors. Any one got one??

CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors. Any one got one??

Mutlley

My trust 5 year old Viewsonic died last nite after faithful service.

Looking around the web site I see the CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors are
quite cheap around $420 inc GST for the 17' model. We have a 15'
CMV CT 522A here at work . While it looks good there seems a
different between the brightness on the outside compare to the center
of the panel so I'm not sure about getting a CMV compare to out NEC
LCD monitors that cost allot more..
Has any one gotten a 726D and what is their impressions of it??

Thanx in advance.

Adam

On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:49:24 +1200, Mutlley wrote:

>My trust 5 year old Viewsonic died last nite after faithful service.
>
>Looking around the web site I see the CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors are
>quite cheap around $420 inc GST for the 17' model. We have a 15'
>CMV CT 522A here at work . While it looks good there seems a
>different between the brightness on the outside compare to the center
>of the panel so I'm not sure about getting a CMV compare to out NEC
>LCD monitors that cost allot more..
>Has any one gotten a 726D and what is their impressions of it??

Yep, I've "gotten" one <g> .. as well as a 19" version. Both are great
- they were cheap(ish) so I'm delighted with them. Neither of them are
on a games machine, so ghosting etc. is not an issue. I don't even
know what their refresh rates are.

I do web work and was surprised to find that colour rendering (in
Photoshop) was pretty good. Good enough for web use, that is. Print
work may be different.

As to your 15" one at work - I'd take it back, if it's still under
guarantee. Neither of mine show any discrepancies at all in that
respect.

Adam.

Mutlley

Adam wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:49:24 +1200, Mutlley wrote:
>
>>My trust 5 year old Viewsonic died last nite after faithful service.
>>
>>Looking around the web site I see the CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors are
>>quite cheap around $420 inc GST for the 17' model. We have a 15'
>>CMV CT 522A here at work . While it looks good there seems a
>>different between the brightness on the outside compare to the center
>>of the panel so I'm not sure about getting a CMV compare to out NEC
>>LCD monitors that cost allot more..
>>Has any one gotten a 726D and what is their impressions of it??

>Yep, I've "gotten" one <g> .. as well as a 19" version. Both are great
>- they were cheap(ish) so I'm delighted with them. Neither of them are
>on a games machine, so ghosting etc. is not an issue. I don't even
>know what their refresh rates are.
>
>I do web work and was surprised to find that colour rendering (in
>Photoshop) was pretty good. Good enough for web use, that is. Print
>work may be different.
>
>As to your 15" one at work - I'd take it back, if it's still under
>guarantee. Neither of mine show any discrepancies at all in that
>respect.
>
>Adam.

Thanx Adam for the info..

Mutlley

Adam wrote:

>On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:49:24 +1200, Mutlley wrote:
>
>>My trust 5 year old Viewsonic died last nite after faithful service.
>>
>>Looking around the web site I see the CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors are
>>quite cheap around $420 inc GST for the 17' model. We have a 15'
>>CMV CT 522A here at work . While it looks good there seems a
>>different between the brightness on the outside compare to the center
>>of the panel so I'm not sure about getting a CMV compare to out NEC
>>LCD monitors that cost allot more..
>>Has any one gotten a 726D and what is their impressions of it??

>Yep, I've "gotten" one <g> .. as well as a 19" version. Both are great
>- they were cheap(ish) so I'm delighted with them. Neither of them are
>on a games machine, so ghosting etc. is not an issue. I don't even
>know what their refresh rates are.
>
>I do web work and was surprised to find that colour rendering (in
>Photoshop) was pretty good. Good enough for web use, that is. Print
>work may be different.
>
>As to your 15" one at work - I'd take it back, if it's still under
>guarantee. Neither of mine show any discrepancies at all in that
>respect.
>
>Adam.

Thanx Adam.

Bought one yesterday. Nice clear bright picture
Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
new video card I suspect..

BILL

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:41:22 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Adam wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 08:49:24 +1200, Mutlley wrote:
>>
>>>My trust 5 year old Viewsonic died last nite after faithful service.
>>>
>>>Looking around the web site I see the CMV CT-726D LCD Monitors are
>>>quite cheap around $420 inc GST for the 17' model. We have a 15'
>>>CMV CT 522A here at work . While it looks good there seems a
>>>different between the brightness on the outside compare to the center
>>>of the panel so I'm not sure about getting a CMV compare to out NEC
>>>LCD monitors that cost allot more..
>>>Has any one gotten a 726D and what is their impressions of it??

>>Yep, I've "gotten" one <g> .. as well as a 19" version. Both are great
>>- they were cheap(ish) so I'm delighted with them. Neither of them are
>>on a games machine, so ghosting etc. is not an issue. I don't even
>>know what their refresh rates are.
>>
>>I do web work and was surprised to find that colour rendering (in
>>Photoshop) was pretty good. Good enough for web use, that is. Print
>>work may be different.
>>
>>As to your 15" one at work - I'd take it back, if it's still under
>>guarantee. Neither of mine show any discrepancies at all in that
>>respect.
>>
>>Adam.

>Thanx Adam.
>
>Bought one yesterday. Nice clear bright picture
>Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
>start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
>old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
>the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
>this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
>came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
>would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
>new video card I suspect..

No uninstall the driver and reinstall it..

Adam

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:41:22 +1200, Mutlley wrote:

>Bought one yesterday. Nice clear bright picture

)

As a matter of interest, how much did you pay for it? I'll dig out my
old invoice (and probably get depressed!).

>Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
>start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
>old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
>the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
>this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
>came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
>would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
>new video card I suspect.

I've had this - I think I could have got around this by booting into
safe mode. However - I just did what you did <g>.

Adam.

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
BILL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:41:22 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
>>start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
>>old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
>>the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
>>this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
>>came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
>>would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
>>new video card I suspect..

>No uninstall the driver and reinstall it..

On Linux you can fix this sort of thing by changing the value of the
"vga=" kernel parameter in your bootloader. I had to do this for a
client recently when he bought a cheaper 15" LCD panel that could only
do 1024x768 max. (Why? Because it was smaller and easier to carry
around, which was also why the PC happened to be a Shuttle box.)

shannon

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 14:32:54 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> BILL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:41:22 +1200, Mutlley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
>>>start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
>>>old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
>>>the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
>>>this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
>>>came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
>>>would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
>>>new video card I suspect..

>>No uninstall the driver and reinstall it..

> On Linux you can fix this sort of thing by changing the value of the
> "vga=" kernel parameter in your bootloader. I had to do this for a
> client recently when he bought a cheaper 15" LCD panel that could only
> do 1024x768 max. (Why? Because it was smaller and easier to carry
> around, which was also why the PC happened to be a Shuttle box.)

Thats the framebuffer mode, the default is something like 40 lines by
80 columns

Mutley

Adam wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:41:22 +1200, Mutlley wrote:
>
>>Bought one yesterday. Nice clear bright picture

>)
>
>As a matter of interest, how much did you pay for it? I'll dig out my
>old invoice (and probably get depressed!).

$403 inc GST. OEM Computers , Manukau , Auckland..

>>Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
>>start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
>>old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
>>the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
>>this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
>>came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
>>would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
>>new video card I suspect.

>I've had this - I think I could have got around this by booting into
>safe mode. However - I just did what you did <g>.
>

>Adam.

Wils Wils is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
Adam wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:41:22 +1200, Mutlley wrote:
>
>>Bought one yesterday. Nice clear bright picture
>
>)
>
>As a matter of interest, how much did you pay for it? I'll dig out my
>old invoice (and probably get depressed!).

$403 inc GST. OEM Computers , Manukau , Auckland..

>>Only problem I had was Win2K and my Matrox card drivers refused to
>>start the monitor. It said "Incorrect setting". I had to put on an
>>old CRT unit and set the video to 1280x1024 on that then plug back in
>>the new monitor and it worked. No problem on the Win 98 partition on
>>this PC or my old P2 internet machine with it's Trident card. They
>>came up fine in their old resolution of 1024x768.. Wonder what I
>>would have done if I didn't have an old CRT lying around..?? Go buy a
>>new video card I suspect.
>
>I've had this - I think I could have got around this by booting into
>safe mode. However - I just did what you did <g>.
>

>Adam.

I have one that I'm going to put on Trademe but if you wish to purchase it that would be great. I've had no problems with it - worked perfectly for me. Cheers Wilma