Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > LCD Monitors, check this before Buying..

LCD Monitors, check this before Buying..

BILL

Note the Number of Supported Colours

If it states 16.7m then its a True 16 Mil colour display

If it States 16.2 its not, as it uses dithering to get the extra colours,
its base is Only 262.000 colours..

Most of the Faster response ones uses this trick, Plus it also reflected in
the Price..

The cheaper ones use a 8 bit pannel but the real ones use a 16 bit panel.

So Buyer Beware.

Dave Taylor

BILL <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Note the Number of Supported Colours
>
> If it states 16.7m then its a True 16 Mil colour display
>

> If it States 16.2 its not, as it uses dithering to get the extra
> colours, its base is Only 262.000 colours..
>
> Most of the Faster response ones uses this trick, Plus it also
> reflected in the Price..
>
> The cheaper ones use a 8 bit pannel but the real ones use a 16 bit
> panel.
>

> So Buyer Beware.

Interesting, I never even thought it would be an issue.
Thanks for the heads up, as a co-worker is considering one.

--
Ciao, Dave