Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Letterheads in Thunderbird e-mails from former OE user?

Letterheads in Thunderbird e-mails from former OE user?

GraB

E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:

Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

Collector»NZ

GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 12:45 a.m.:
> E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
>
> Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
> own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
> it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
> by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
> the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
> settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
> of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
> can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
> letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
> and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

Thank god for that, what ever you do do not tell them about HTML
formating in Thunderbird.

GraB

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:56:17 +1200, Collector»NZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 12:45 a.m.:
>> E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
>>
>> Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
>> own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
>> it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
>> by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
>> the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
>> settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
>> of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
>> can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
>> letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
>> and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

>Thank god for that, what ever you do do not tell them about HTML
>formating in Thunderbird.

That bad? Tell me more!

Collector»NZ

GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 4:34 p.m.:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:56:17 +1200, Collector»NZ
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>GraB said the following on 30/03/2005 12:45 a.m.:
>>
>>>E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
>>>
>>>Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
>>>own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
>>>it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
>>>by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
>>>the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
>>>settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
>>>of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
>>>can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
>>>letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
>>>and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

>>Thank god for that, what ever you do do not tell them about HTML
>>formating in Thunderbird.
>>

> That bad? Tell me more!

HTML and MS Markup bloat of emails
Not to mention rendering issues on some clients and being bounced by
really locked mail systems.

Bruce Sinclair

In article <424a31c5$1_1@127.0.0.1>, =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Collector=BBNZ?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
(nip)
>> That bad? Tell me more!

>HTML and MS Markup bloat of emails
>Not to mention rendering issues on some clients and being bounced by
>really locked mail systems.

If our email system bounced all html email, my spam count would go to zero
... and I would lose zero useful emails (on previous experience).

Bruce

-------------------------------------
- George Bernard Shaw
- Ambrose Bierce

(if there were any)

Richard

GraB wrote:
> E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
>
> Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
> own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
> it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
> by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
> the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
> settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
> of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
> can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
> letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
> and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

Well thats good, you stand a chance of having your emails read by the recipients
instead of deleted as mindless trash.

Ralph Fox

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 00:45:35 +1200, in message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, GraB wrote:

> E-mail from friend who migrated from OE to Thunderbird:
>
> Hit my first problem with Thunderbird! In Outlook Express I had my
> own letterhead for **********. I had made it up in MS Word and saved
> it as an OE file, so that I could write more formal letters in E-Mail
> by opening it and just writing in the text etc. I had it saved under
> the OE folder labeled Stationary along with a lot of other official
> settings. A O.E. one which I used a lot was 'coffee' which had a line
> of coffee beans down one side of the page. For the life of me I
> can't see how to do this in Thunderbird??? I can attach the
> letterhead as an addon file, but I can't insert it at the beginning
> and then continue to write my letters underneath it.

Can't you create a template and use it, in Tbird?

File -> New -> Message
add your letterhead
File -> Save As -> Template

Now look in Templates under Local Folders.
Right click on template and use "Edit as New".

--
Cheers,
Ralph

"Spoon-feeding in the long run teaches us nothing but the shape of the spoon." -- E. M. Forster