Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > quirky mp3 player problem

quirky mp3 player problem

Dave - Dave.net.nz

discovered today that my mp3 player doesnt play files that start with a "("

This is just a 128Mbyte DSE mp3 player, similar to XH8061

I dont have any of the original details of the device, so not sure if
there is a way to upgrade the firmware or anything... but anyway.

Collector»NZ

Dave - Dave.net.nz said the following on 29/03/2005 12:19 p.m.:
> discovered today that my mp3 player doesnt play files that start with a "("
>
> This is just a 128Mbyte DSE mp3 player, similar to XH8061
>
> I dont have any of the original details of the device, so not sure if
> there is a way to upgrade the firmware or anything... but anyway.

I have about twenty of my fav tunes that wont play on mine, but i can
find no reason like tag or filename problems. Havnt had a chance to
experiment yet and find out why just assumed it is some encoding problem.

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Collector»NZ wrote:
>> I dont have any of the original details of the device, so not sure if
>> there is a way to upgrade the firmware or anything... but anyway.

> I have about twenty of my fav tunes that wont play on mine, but i can
> find no reason like tag or filename problems. Havnt had a chance to
> experiment yet and find out why just assumed it is some encoding problem.

mine seems to jump on high quality VBR encodes(260-320).
also high quality ABR too(not sure on the setting sorry).