Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > ActiveX VPN client - is there an equivalent for the mac?

ActiveX VPN client - is there an equivalent for the mac?

MB

Our IT department is switching to Cisco VPN concentrator, and the VPN
client is loaded to the client via a web page. I guess it's loading an
activeX client. This is a great solution for PC users because the IT
department doesn't have to install individual VPN clients.

I need to connect a Mac client. Obviously the activeX version doesn't
work. Is there a workaround? Our IT department is a little leery of
Macs, but if the solution is something simple, with no ongoing
maintenance, they might go for it. Any ideas.

Has anyone even heard of this activeX format VPN client? What's its
official name? If I knew that I could at least do some more googling.

Thanks

Mitch

Merv

you will need a browser on the mac that can support https as Cisco
webvpn uses SSL

see http://www.cdg.chalmers.se/VPN/webvpn.en.html

MB

Merv wrote:
> you will need a browser on the mac that can support https as Cisco
> webvpn uses SSL

According to the Cisco docs, the Mac browser "safari" is supported. Is
there any additional setup that the Cisco admin has to do?

Is there anything I must do? I've tried safari and firefox, turned off
popup blocking and installed the latest Java.

Thanks for any help.

Mitch