Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Computer appears upside down

Computer appears upside down

Nelly

I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
defragment and haven't had any success.

Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.

Nelly.
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Dorado

Nelly wrote:
> I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
> can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
> problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
> defragment and haven't had any success.
>
> Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.
>

> Nelly.
> If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Hmm I remember a while back there was a virus/prank that did this. Are your
virus definitions up to date?

Peter George

Turn that frown upside down.

If you have a nVidia graphics card check that NVRotate hasing been seting to
rotate your page 180 degrees.

Control Panel... Display... Settings... Advanced... Graphics card tab...
NVRotate

paora

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:06:18 +1200, Nelly
<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
>can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
>problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
>defragment and haven't had any success.
>
>Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.

Nevermind your head - put some damn knickers on!

Mackin

Nelly wrote:

> I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
> can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
> problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
> defragment and haven't had any success.
>
> Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.
>

> Nelly.
> If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Maybe try turning the monitor upside-down?

Mackin

S Roby

In article <1111478231.4311e98bd53b63c396122add170b62bc@teran ews>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (paora) wrote:
>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:06:18 +1200, Nelly
><(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:
>
>>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
>>can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a

There were 'joke' programs that did this.
See what happens in safe mode.
Run msconfig & disable a few things.

OK here's the joke answer
>>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running ....

"it just ran past my window."

GraB

<(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:

>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
>can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
>problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
>defragment and haven't had any success.
>
>Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.

This happens when you had the installation CD upside down.

Nelly

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:32:30 +1200, "Peter George" <invalid@invalid>
wrote:

>Turn that frown upside down.
>
>If you have a nVidia graphics card check that NVRotate hasing been seting to
>rotate your page 180 degrees.
>
>Control Panel... Display... Settings... Advanced... Graphics card tab...
>NVRotate

Thanks. I did manage to fix it finding something similar to that. Only
the kids use this computer and they all have their own log ins set to
guest and I am the administrator. I can only guess like someone else
suggested that it was a prank virus even though all defs are up to
date and parental control is strict for the settings.

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:35:02 +1200, GraB <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:06:18 +1200, Nelly
><(E-Mail Removed) > wrote:
>
>>I have a 3 month old pentium in the house running XP Home and if you
>>can stand on your head to try and read the screen you don't have a
>>problem. I have run Spyware scanning, Virus Scanning and a disk
>>defragment and haven't had any success.
>>
>>Ask me questions, make suggestions please. My head is getting sore.
>>

>This happens when you had the installation CD upside down.

Must have been.

Thanks guys, all is sorted and working fine now.

Nelly.
If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Dave Taylor

Nelly <(E-Mail Removed) > wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:32:30 +1200, "Peter George" <invalid@invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>Turn that frown upside down.
>>
>>If you have a nVidia graphics card check that NVRotate hasing been
>>seting to rotate your page 180 degrees.
>>
>>Control Panel... Display... Settings... Advanced... Graphics card
>>tab... NVRotate
>>

> Thanks. I did manage to fix it finding something similar to that. Only
> the kids use this computer and they all have their own log ins set to
> guest and I am the administrator. I can only guess like someone else
> suggested that it was a prank virus even though all defs are up to
> date and parental control is strict for the settings.
>

> Nelly.
> If you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours

Have you seen this?
Admin passwords begone.
Start auditing because they may be working around your "restrictions"
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
--
Ciao, Dave

Upside down pyramid JTree? RC Java 2 02-22-2007 09:58 AM
Kodak Picture Disk...pics are upside down Bob Hayden Digital Photography 4 07-13-2005 08:44 PM
Help! Upside down blurry pictures with HP Photosmart 320. BlackJackGirl Digital Photography 0 12-06-2004 05:17 AM
Icons are upside down...how to correct MBell72398 Computer Information 3 12-19-2003 05:56 AM
Icons upside down...FIXED MBell72398 Computer Information 3 12-18-2003 07:43 PM

Advertisments