Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > ETOP non English Camera manuals

ETOP non English Camera manuals

Chris Mayhew

Hi

My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
English manual.

Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?

You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
though I'd ask about the manual here as well.

TIA
Chris

colinco

In article Chris Mayhew says...
> Hi
>
> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
> English manual.
>
> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>
> You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
> supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
> Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
> great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
> otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
> though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
>
> TIA
> Chris

North America isn't the only english speaking Nikon market. Try .com.sg

Bok

Chris Mayhew wrote:
> Hi
>
> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
> English manual.
>
> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?

That's interesting Chris,

We recently purchased a Nikon D70 from ETOP and it came with a locally
burned CD containing English manuals for various cameras. I just checked
the CD and it has a printable PDF manual for your Nikon Coolpix 3200.
Sounds like they just forgot to include the CD in your package.

Anyway, if etop don't send you the CD for some reason let me know and I
can email it to you.

BILL

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:09:36 +1200, Chris Mayhew
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi
>
>My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
>English manual.
>
>Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>
>You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
>supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
>Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
>great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
>otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
>though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
>
>TIA
>Chris

That is what happens when you deal with a Gray Importer, may be that ETown is
better as they list English manuals..

I don't know why you bothered with a low end camera like that..?

Most shops sell these out of date models cheap..

You can even haggle with Noel Lemming, I got $100 of the price of a just
released Sony camera..

Mercury

send it back then.

"colinco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article Chris Mayhew says...
>> Hi
>>
>> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
>> English manual.
>>
>> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>>
>> You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
>> supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
>> Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
>> great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
>> otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
>> though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
>>
>> TIA
>> Chris
>>

> North America isn't the only english speaking Nikon market. Try .com.sg

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Chris Mayhew wrote:

> Hi
>
> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
> English manual.
>
> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>
> You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
> supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
> Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
> great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
> otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
> though I'd ask about the manual here as well.

I'll check for a manual tomorrow at work.

Chris Mayhew

Bok wrote:
> Chris Mayhew wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
>> English manual.
>>
>> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>>

> That's interesting Chris,
>
> We recently purchased a Nikon D70 from ETOP and it came with a locally
> burned CD containing English manuals for various cameras. I just checked
> the CD and it has a printable PDF manual for your Nikon Coolpix 3200.
> Sounds like they just forgot to include the CD in your package.
>
> Anyway, if etop don't send you the CD for some reason let me know and I
> can email it to you.

Thanks for your offer but ETOP pointed me to the .com.sg site.

MANUAL - COOLPIX
http://www.nikon.com.sg/TechSupp/Man...PIX_Manual.htm

It took them a whole 5 mins to respond, with the info and an apology for
any inconvenience caused.

Pretty good service though, may have just forgotten to put one of those
CD's in the box or maybe they don't do that for the cheaper camera's.

Chris Mayhew

BILL wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:09:36 +1200, Chris Mayhew
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Hi
>>
>>My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
>>English manual.
>>
>>Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>>
>>You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
>>supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
>>Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
>>great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
>>otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
>>though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
>>
>>TIA
>>Chris

> That is what happens when you deal with a Gray Importer, may be that ETown is
> better as they list English manuals..
>

> I don't know why you bothered with a low end camera like that..?
>
> Most shops sell these out of date models cheap..
>
> You can even haggle with Noel Lemming, I got $100 of the price of a just
> released Sony camera..

Yeah, I figured that they might be a "Grey Importer" - the price was so
low - there had to be a catch some where. For me it's not a big deal to
print out a PDF - now that I have one. I'd rather do that than pay more
and get a printed manual. I think ETown was about $100 or $150 more
from memory, but don't quote me on that.

I'm sure the new models are just round the corner, as it's spring in the
Northern Hemesphere which is another reason why this camera was only
$248 +GST and will do everything that I want, and at that price I doubt
that I'd get much off else where.

They are offering to fix the camera bag size problem no questions asked
so they can't be faulted really, actually i'm pretty impressed with them
overall.

Chris Mayhew

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
> Chris Mayhew wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
>> English manual.
>>
>> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>>
>> You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
>> supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
>> Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
>> great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
>> otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
>> though I'd ask about the manual here as well.

> I'll check for a manual tomorrow at work.

Thanks Dave, but I got it sorted out.

Jedmeister

"Chris Mayhew" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
>
> My new Nikon Coolpix 3200 arrived today from ETOP complete with non
> English manual.
>
> Anyone know were I can get a printable PDF manual ?
>
> You can only get non printable manuals online, you have to be able to
> supply a North American serial number to download a printable version.
> Also, the camera case I got, which ETOP recommend is to small so not a
> great start but they are quick to send stuff out and appear to be
> otherwise well organised. I have emailed them about these things but
> though I'd ask about the manual here as well.
>
> TIA
> Chris
>
> --

I thought manuals were just for starting the fire?

Why do Nikon bother producing 'non-printable' manuals?? Dave Digital Photography 61 08-18-2008 07:48 PM
I want to make English-speaking friend to practic my poor English IchBin Java 1 03-26-2006 05:36 AM
English/English DLL =?Utf-8?B?UmFlZCBTYXdhbGhh?= ASP .Net 2 10-16-2005 10:32 AM
ETop Chris Mayhew NZ Computing 2 03-16-2005 11:58 AM
Canon EOS 300D manuals and software manuals in English? Bob Bobsen Digital Photography 7 01-10-2004 09:29 PM

Advertisments