Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iHUG CRAP server

iHUG CRAP server

Rob J

I'm trying to sign up online to Ihug from their website but all I get is
"500 internal server error". This has been going on for 2 days and an
email to them got no response.

E. Scrooge

"Rob J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to sign up online to Ihug from their website but all I get is
> "500 internal server error". This has been going on for 2 days and an
> email to them got no response.

You'll most likely need to turn your cookies on if you usually have them
off. Not surprised about the email response, though heading up *Accounts*
might help. If you can't join on line, you'd be better to just ring them
up.

E. Scrooge

Mercury

The error you are quoting looks like an IIS error to me. IE the error is at
their end.

I would ring them and have the full text in front of you. I would suspect
that some programmer is having a dreadful time right now.

"Rob J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm trying to sign up online to Ihug from their website but all I get is
> "500 internal server error". This has been going on for 2 days and an
> email to them got no response.

Steve

Er... Apache/1.3.26 Ben-SSL/1.48 Server for www.ihug.co.nz at least

> I would ring them and have the full text in front of you. I would suspect
> that some programmer is having a dreadful time right now.
>

> "Rob J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>I'm trying to sign up online to Ihug from their website but all I get is
>>"500 internal server error". This has been going on for 2 days and an
>>email to them got no response.

Mercury

Ok then its an Apache server error then.
The reason I indicated IIS is that I am getting the similar errors on my
laptop with IIS and asp.net.

news:d1gpro$jaf$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mercury wrote:
>> The error you are quoting looks like an IIS error to me. IE the error is
>> at their end.
>>

> Er... Apache/1.3.26 Ben-SSL/1.48 Server for www.ihug.co.nz at least
>
>> I would ring them and have the full text in front of you. I would suspect
>> that some programmer is having a dreadful time right now.
>>

>> "Rob J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>I'm trying to sign up online to Ihug from their website but all I get is
>>>"500 internal server error". This has been going on for 2 days and an
>>>email to them got no response.

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, Mercury sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> Ok then its an Apache server error then.
> The reason I indicated IIS is that I am getting the similar errors on my
> laptop with IIS and asp.net.

You know there is a standard for HTTP, including errors, right?
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

Mercury

Do a google on it.

"Aaron Lawrence" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Suddenly, Mercury sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
>> Ok then its an Apache server error then.
>> The reason I indicated IIS is that I am getting the similar errors on my
>> laptop with IIS and asp.net.

> You know there is a standard for HTTP, including errors, right?
> --
> aaronl at consultant dot com
> For every expert, there is an equal and
> opposite expert. - Arthur C. Clarke

Rob J

In article <d1h290$4eu$(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Sun, 20 Mar 2005
00:33:34 +1300, Mercury <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Ok then its an Apache server error then.
> The reason I indicated IIS is that I am getting the similar errors on my
> laptop with IIS and asp.net.

500 is a standard error message defined in the HTTP protocol.

It has nothing to do with whatever server type you are on.

Aaron Lawrence

Suddenly, Mercury sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> Do a google on it.

I know about them, it seemed like you didn't: saying that because you
were getting the "same error" with IIS as Apache was returning in this
case. But of course you get same errors, because they are standard
errors.

Anyway, never mind