Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Office 2003 clipboard how to disable

Office 2003 clipboard how to disable

Jedmeister

"Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Want to use ordinary clipboard like notepad uses, office clipboard causes
> me
> to loose focus on the window I am using.
>
> Anyone know how?

I thought it gives you the option after closing it a few times.

Impossible

"Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Want to use ordinary clipboard like notepad uses, office clipboard
> causes me
> to loose focus on the window I am using.
>
> Anyone know how?

On the clipboard task pane, click Options, then clear "Show Office
Clipboard Automatically".

Julian Visch

Want to use ordinary clipboard like notepad uses, office clipboard causes me
to loose focus on the window I am using.

Anyone know how?

phstpok

Julian Visch wrote:
> Want to use ordinary clipboard like notepad uses, office clipboard causes me
> to loose focus on the window I am using.
>
> Anyone know how?

x-mouse?

Impossible

"Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Impossible wrote:
>
>> "Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Want to use ordinary clipboard like notepad uses, office clipboard
>>> causes me
>>> to loose focus on the window I am using.
>>>
>>> Anyone know how?
>>>

>> On the clipboard task pane, click Options, then clear "Show Office
>> Clipboard Automatically".

> That just puts it into the background, it still copies to it.

You must be using Office 2000, not Office 2003. You'll need to make a
registry change. Have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q207438/

Bling-Bling

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 00:12:59 -0800, Julian Visch wrote:

> works
> fine as long as I don't have office open.

So close Micro$oft Office and open Open Office!

Or does that logic escape you?

Bling-bling

--
Computers are like air conditioners -- they stop working properly if you
open WINDOWS

Impossible

"Impossible" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Impossible wrote:
>>
>>> "Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> On the clipboard task pane, click Options, then clear "Show
>>> Office
>>> Clipboard Automatically".

>> That just puts it into the background, it still copies to it.
>>

> You must be using Office 2000, not Office 2003. You'll need to make
> a registry change. Have a look here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q207438/

Then again....Let's assume you know perfectly well which version of
office you're running

I'm puzzled as to why would it concern you that the Office Clipboard
stores copies in the background? AFAIK, this is by design, so I don't
think you can stop it. But on my system at least it's completely
unobtrusive.

Impossible

"Julian Visch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> phstpok wrote:
>
>> Julian Visch wrote:
>>> Want to use ordinary clipboard like notepad uses, office clipboard
>>> causes
>>> me to loose focus on the window I am using.
>>>
>>> Anyone know how?
>>>

>> x-mouse?

> I am having a connection to a unix server and trying to select items
> and
> instead stupid office copies the selected area into its clipboard,
> works
> fine as long as I don't have office open.

Normal Office behavior is to store the copy in its clipboard, but so
long as you've disabled the option to automatically display the
clipboard when you've copied something, this should be taking place
completely in the background.

What exactly are you copying? From what kind of application? There are
standard Windows 2000/XP registry tweaks available that are supposed
to prevent misbehaving background apps from stealing the focus -- one
is available through TweakUI -- so maybe you could try that.

Julian Visch