Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Slingshot - Reset Your News Server

Slingshot - Reset Your News Server

E. Scrooge

Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
replaced their new server.

ihug on the other hand is going very well indeed for now. ihug under Aussie
ownership might be on the improve at long last. Even added more ihug groups
for ihug users.

E. Scrooge

EMB

E. Scrooge wrote:
> Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
> replaced their new server.
>
> ihug on the other hand is going very well indeed for now. ihug under Aussie
> ownership might be on the improve at long last. Even added more ihug groups
> for ihug users.

Ihug is doing very well - they've sorted out the newsserver, they're
sorting some routing issues that are giving my ADSL indigestion, and
2Mbit bliink is coming soon. Unless something awful happens they will
get my vote for NZ's best ISP (for a change).

--
EMB

EMB

Matthew Poole wrote:

> You don't really think that bunch of monkeys READ usenet do you?
> E-mail http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) if you want to achieve anything. I wouldn't
> hold your breath, though.

I'm not sure any of the NZ ISP's read email sent to noc@ much anymore -
I had to phone to get a spammer curtailed by a NZ ISP 24 hours after
emailing noc about it and getting no response. Their helpdesk told me
it takes about a week to get thru on that addy!

--
EMB

Matthew Poole

In article <d1b2k5$9o9$(E-Mail Removed)>, "E. Scrooge" <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote:
>Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
>replaced their new server.

*SNIP*

You don't really think that bunch of monkeys READ usenet do you?
E-mail (E-Mail Removed) if you want to achieve anything. I wouldn't
hold your breath, though.

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

E. Scrooge

"Matthew Poole" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d1b323$a83$(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <d1b2k5$9o9$(E-Mail Removed)>, "E. Scrooge"
> <(E-Mail Removed) (remove eye)> wrote:
>>Not a damn thing is coming Slingshots news server since ihug rebuilt /
>>replaced their new server.
>>

> *SNIP*
>
> You don't really think that bunch of monkeys READ usenet do you?
> E-mail (E-Mail Removed) if you want to achieve anything. I wouldn't
> hold your breath, though.
>
> --
> Matthew Poole

LOL
Actually they couldn't see it since they still haven't reset their server.
Surely ihug would have contacted the monkeys at Slingshot to reset their
server?

Thanks for the address, I may well use it.

E. Scrooge