Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD/MCPD study material

MCSD/MCPD study material

=?Utf-8?B?YXJzMjAwNg==?=

I am a programmer and have been wowking on windows applications in.NET 1.1
for 2 yrs now.I am considering getting an MCSD cert.however there have been a
lot of the recent talk about MCSD vs MCPD. After reading all views and escp
the fact that MCPD study material does not come out until mid 2006.I am
thinking of giving the MCSD exams and then taking the upgrade exams.this is
mainly becos I am familiar with 1.1 and going for MCPD would be like
venturing into dark waters.What do you think??
Also whats the best self study material for 70-315,70-316,70,320 and 70-300?

Simon Hart

I recommend for 70-316, 70-315 and 70-320 the Amit Kalani books by Que
publishing they really are as good as eveyone says they are. I have just
ordered (well 1 week ago) :
Enterprise Development with Visual Studio.NET, UML and MSF by J. Hansen, C.
Thomsen which will hopefully turn up soon.....

I do recommend to do MCSD if you have the skills today. This is what I
decided as MCPD is not ready yet and I didn't want to do the betas (well I
just missed it anyway).

Good luck!
Simon.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...