Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Real geeks; are you really a geek

Real geeks; are you really a geek

CollectorサNZ

I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me once
you see the questions.

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...11297364726891
http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

| Local 40.9000ーS, 174.9830ーE |

EMB

CollectorサNZ wrote:
> I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me once
> you see the questions.

Not sure I can go out in public any more after seeing my result!

--
EMB

Mike Dee

CollectorサNZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me
> once you see the questions.

My score:

You scored higher than 94% on geekness

The test is too obvious, too easy to cheat at: I know, I cheated.

--
dee

Rider

"CollectorサNZ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me once you
>see the questions.
>
> http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...11297364726891
> http://tinyurl.com/4pjet
>
> --

"In a nutshell, you answered enough questions with geek tendencies and
enough questions without geek tendencies that it's difficult to pinpoint
your exact alignment."

I'm an enigma

CollectorサNZ

Mike Dee said the following on 16/03/2005 5:11 p.m.:
> CollectorサNZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>>I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me
>>once you see the questions.

> My score:
>
> You scored higher than 94% on geekness
>
> The test is too obvious, too easy to cheat at: I know, I cheated.

If thats your story you had better stick to it

| Local 40.9000ーS, 174.9830ーE |

Max Quordlepleen

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 03:24:36 GMT, CollectorサNZ
<(E-Mail Removed)> proffered, in :
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I will not reveal my score, suffice to say it would incriminate me
> once you see the questions.
>
> http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...11297364726891
> http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

An intelligently constructed test:
末末末末末末末-

You answered 67% of the questions as a geek truly would.
You don't seem to sway in either direction, however you still seem to
have some latent geek attributes within you. Maybe you're interested in
computers but not a gamer?
末末末末末末末-

That痴 very perceptive, since I never have been a gamer (having only
one useful hand, and lousy hand-eye co-ordination saw to that). Nicely
put together, good analysis.

--
noho ora mai, ka kite ano
http://maxqnzs.com/References.html

AD.

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:59:52 +1300, Max Quordlepleen wrote:

> An intelligently constructed test:
>
> You answered 67% of the questions as a geek truly would. You don't seem to
> sway in either direction, however you still seem to have some latent geek
> attributes within you. Maybe you're interested in computers but not a
> gamer?
>
> That's very perceptive, since I never have been a gamer (having only one
> useful hand, and lousy hand-eye co-ordination saw to that). Nicely put
> together, good analysis.

I got 62% and it called me a wannabe poser geek, where in reality it's
probably more like me trying to repress my geekiness

I probably lost lots of points by not being a gamer too. Wouldn't real
geeks be too busy programming and not have time for games? except maybe
Nethack - that's geeky!

--
Cheers
Anton

Mike Dee

CollectorサNZ <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> You scored higher than 94% on geekness
>>
>> The test is too obvious, too easy to cheat at: I know, I cheated.
>>

> If thats your story you had better stick to it

What impressed me was it's picking up on my telling porky's about my
age and gender.

Maybe I would've scored higher. Eek, I'm a geek

--
dee

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Rider wrote:
>>http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...11297364726891
>>http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

> "In a nutshell, you answered enough questions with geek tendencies and
> enough questions without geek tendencies that it's difficult to pinpoint
> your exact alignment."

> I'm an enigma

heh, Im not.
The Deviant Geek
You answered 77% of the questions as a geek truly would.

So what's it all mean? You may be considered by some to be uncool, but
you probably don't care either. In social situations you may be either
slightly passive or slightly loud (geeks always fall into the extremes).
In a nutshell, you answered enough questions correctly supporting a geek
philosophy to be considered a more potent geek than 60% of the population.

Im the loud sort... now who wouldn't have guessed that?

Rider

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d19u55$vro$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rider wrote:
>>>http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?te...11297364726891
>>>http://tinyurl.com/4pjet

>> "In a nutshell, you answered enough questions with geek tendencies and
>> enough questions without geek tendencies that it's difficult to pinpoint
>> your exact alignment."

>> I'm an enigma
>>

> heh, Im not.
> The Deviant Geek
> You answered 77% of the questions as a geek truly would.

The gap between being 'difficult to pinpoint' and a 'deviant geek' (I was
just going to put deviant LoL)
is quite small. Only 7% .... I should watch myself, lest I get drawn to the
dark side.

I really need help with this so if anyone can help me out that wouldbe really great of you. adityagaddam90@gmail.com Java 30 02-10-2008 11:29 PM
Are you a computer Geek? Ciger The Lounge 35 10-06-2005 02:25 AM
[OT] Geek Ferret? Mike T. MCSE 3 08-18-2004 02:41 AM
OT: Think Geek Free T-Shirt. If you buy somethin' Rowdy Yates MCSE 0 04-01-2004 02:37 PM
Rhe Elder Geek =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A9=BF=A9=AC?= Firefox 2 12-19-2003 09:55 PM

Advertisments