Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Transonic Plasma TVs a la the Warehouse.

Transonic Plasma TVs a la the Warehouse.

nrennie

I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
in to their Maukau store this arvo.
Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
Anyone know anything about 'em?

Cheers,

Nick.

Richard

nrennie wrote:
> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
> in to their Maukau store this arvo.
> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
> Anyone know anything about 'em?

Looked nice?! They are 480 line panels! Cheap tho...

Mind you a daewoo goes for 799 pounds, so its still got a we way to go to being
cheap here...

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:21:53 +1300, "nrennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
>in to their Maukau store this arvo.
>Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
>Anyone know anything about 'em?
>

>Cheers,
>
>Nick.

And After 2 years...???

Yes you dump it..

Peter Lowrie

Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
post should be on nz.tech.

Transonic are a no-name brand rebadged. They are very cheap and this shows
up in the shoddy construction quality. I've repaired a few Transonic
tellies over the yrs. Despite spare parts being easy to locate they are
generally of dubious quality.

If you can pay extra to get an extended warranty then it may be worth it.

2c
Peter

nrennie wrote:

> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I

popped
> in to their Maukau store this arvo.
> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
> Anyone know anything about 'em?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Nick.

XPD

"Peter Lowrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
> post should be on nz.tech.

Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/

And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

Dave - Dave.net.nz

XPD wrote:
>>Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
>>post should be on nz.tech.

> Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
> And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

he makes leds go brighter but burn out quicker(can anyone tell me what
over-volting a led does and sells the idea for $900,000 US

I'd imagine someone like this would stick in your head.

XPD

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d16amp$jma$(E-Mail Removed)...
> XPD wrote:
> >>Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
> >>post should be on nz.tech.

> > Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
> > And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

> he makes leds go brighter but burn out quicker(can anyone tell me what
> over-volting a led does and sells the idea for $900,000 US
>
> I'd imagine someone like this would stick in your head.

Ahh thats the one

Cheers

steve

nrennie wrote:
> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I popped
> in to their Maukau store this arvo.
> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
> Anyone know anything about 'em?

Is Transonic a reliable brand?

I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
on the basis that you get what you pay for:

less

steve

XPD wrote:
> "Peter Lowrie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Work at the warehouse, do you? Getting in some advertising are you? This
>>post should be on nz.tech.

> Errrr.... and since when were you made NG police ? :-/
>
> And why does your name seem so familiar to me.... :-/

i STILL HAVEN'T SEEN pETER l'S POST ON MY NEWS SERVER......

(BUGGER - CAPS LOCK ON AND TOO LAZY TO RE-TYPE IT).

Dave - Dave.net.nz

steve wrote:
>> I saw that the Warehouse are selling Transonic 42" Plasma TVs when I
>> popped in to their Maukau store this arvo.
>> Looked quite nice. Nice price. $3500. 2 year warranty.
>> Anyone know anything about 'em?

> Is Transonic a reliable brand?
> I've always avoided the cheaper-than-cheap electronics at the Warehouse
> on the basis that you get what you pay for:

their DVD players seem fine.