Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Paradise/Clear Newserver Problems..

Paradise/Clear Newserver Problems..

big cat

Seems that you can't post at all.

Ralph Fox

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
<(E-Mail Removed)>, big cat wrote:

> Seems that you can't post at all.

Hello Roger

Same problem here. The news server returns an error message

441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)

It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

--
Cheers,
Ralph

somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

slots

Ralph Fox wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, big cat wrote:
>

>>Seems that you can't post at all.

> Hello Roger
>

> Same problem here. The news server returns an error message
>
> 441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)
>
> It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

Same here, I'm just glad of have a backup server which ironically
doesn't cost me anything.

Leftist Elk

Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) .co.nz>...
> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, big cat wrote:
>
> > Seems that you can't post at all.

> Hello Roger
>

> Same problem here. The news server returns an error message
>
> 441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)
>
> It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

You've got to larf, what else can you do!

Back on the 4th of the month their newserver wasn't getting any
newsfeeds from virtually anywhere. I (vainly) posted a message through
their on-line help system. The problem was eventually fixed.

Now Clear customers can't post to the newserver and today I get a
message (in response to my message) from the help system "Currently
there is an issue regarding the news server for Clear and Paradise.
Our technicians are currently working on this issue and will endeavour
to fixed this problem as soon as possible. We apologise for any
inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions
please contact us."

I wonder which problem they are working on?

SchoolTech

"Leftist Elk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Ralph Fox <(E-Mail Removed)-echo.invalid> wrote in
> message news:<(E-Mail Removed) .co.nz>...
>> On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 22:30:24 +1300, in message
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>, big cat wrote:
>>
>> > Seems that you can't post at all.

>> Hello Roger
>>

>> Same problem here. The news server returns an error message
>>
>> 441 Sorry Paused, try later (Removing lost items)
>>
>> It's been like this for at least 11 hours, maybe more.

> You've got to larf, what else can you do!
>
> Back on the 4th of the month their newserver wasn't getting any
> newsfeeds from virtually anywhere. I (vainly) posted a message through
> their on-line help system. The problem was eventually fixed.
>
> Now Clear customers can't post to the newserver and today I get a
> message (in response to my message) from the help system "Currently
> there is an issue regarding the news server for Clear and Paradise.
> Our technicians are currently working on this issue and will endeavour
> to fixed this problem as soon as possible. We apologise for any
> inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any further questions
> please contact us."

How do you manage to get anything out of the help system (by email) other
than canned autoresponses that always say "Solved" when it isn't?

leftist_elk@yahoo.co.uk

SchoolTech wrote:
....snip...

> How do you manage to get anything out of the help system (by email)

other
> than canned autoresponses that always say "Solved" when it isn't?

Dunno. But it appears to be from a real person. It was even cc'ed to my
work email which I think I mentioned in message body.