Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > pc powerplay magazine?

pc powerplay magazine?

Craig Sutton

The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't have
any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.

Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:26:00 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't have
>any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
>
>Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?

UK or OZZ Version..?

UK versions of ALL are way over priced..

Like a Mag I brought recently OZZ version $14, UK one $34..

Craig Sutton

<BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:26:00 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

<(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> >The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't

have
> >any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
> >
> >Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
> >

> UK or OZZ Version..?

As far as I know the only PC powerplay magazine is an Aussie one.

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:56:39 +1300, "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

><BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 00:26:00 +1300, "Craig Sutton"

><(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't

>have
>> >any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
>> >
>> >Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
>> >

>> UK or OZZ Version..?
>>

>As far as I know the only PC powerplay magazine is an Aussie one.

There is a UK one and 3 different Versions of the OZZ one.

They bring out now and again a Walktrough version of some games and separate
CD & DVD Version..

I some times get the OZZ CD version..

XPD

"Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d0pbfd$9vg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't have
> any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
>
> Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?

Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the sticker isnt
for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off the cover so no
little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy discs off Amiga
magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when you paid for the
magazine.

Craig Sutton

"XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:d0pbfd$9vg$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now don't

have
> > any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available to NZ readers.
> >
> > Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
> >

> Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the sticker

isnt
> for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off the cover so no
> little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy discs off Amiga
> magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when you paid for the
> magazine.

No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the rack
had Cd's and Cover DVDS

~misfit~

Craig Sutton wrote:
> "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:d0pbfd$9vg$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> The PC powerplay magazine I see on the shelves in the shops now
>>> don't have any DVD? and a sticker saying free offer not available
>>> to NZ readers.
>>>
>>> Are they kidding? who would buy it without the DVD on the cover?
>>>

>> Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the
>> sticker isnt for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off
>> the cover so no little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy
>> discs off Amiga magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when
>> you paid for the magazine.
>>

> No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the
> rack had Cd's and Cover DVDS

Used to be a similar thing with a music magazine I read. (Damn, can't
remember the name, old age. Q?). It was due to copyright issues, not
copyrighted for NZ. However, One music shop I used to frequent had a
standing order for 100 issues within the UK and sold them in their shop at a
premium, only a couple of bucks but worth it as I was buying the mag anyway
and used to be ****ed when I didn't get the compilation audio CD with it.
Especially as some bands at the time, (I remember Radiohead being one) would
submit previously un-released songs specifically for this CD.

Also, if you subscribed to the mag you could get the CD as it was being
posted in England. I don't know how this got past the copyright laws,
something about payment being received in the UK and being put in the mail
is considered delivery, also done in the UK.

I suggest that copyright is that issue at hand here too. Some or all of the
software ob said disk isn't copyrighted by the owner to be released in NZ,
for whatever reason.
--
~misfit~

Craig Sutton

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Craig Sutton wrote:
> > "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>
> >> "Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:d0pbfd$9vg$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> Stores I goto always have the DVD available...... you sure the
> >> sticker isnt for something else, and the store has taken the DVD off
> >> the cover so no little sods swipe it ? THey use to remove the floppy
> >> discs off Amiga magazines years ago and you picked up the discs when
> >> you paid for the magazine.
> >>

> > No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the
> > rack had Cd's and Cover DVDS

> Used to be a similar thing with a music magazine I read. (Damn, can't
> remember the name, old age. Q?). It was due to copyright issues, not
> copyrighted for NZ. However, One music shop I used to frequent had a
> standing order for 100 issues within the UK and sold them in their shop at

> premium, only a couple of bucks but worth it as I was buying the mag

anyway
> and used to be ****ed when I didn't get the compilation audio CD with it.
> Especially as some bands at the time, (I remember Radiohead being one)

would
> submit previously un-released songs specifically for this CD.
>
> Also, if you subscribed to the mag you could get the CD as it was being
> posted in England. I don't know how this got past the copyright laws,
> something about payment being received in the UK and being put in the mail
> is considered delivery, also done in the UK.
>
> I suggest that copyright is that issue at hand here too. Some or all of

the
> software ob said disk isn't copyrighted by the owner to be released in NZ,
> for whatever reason.

Yes thought it may have something to do with copyright..oh well save $12 a
month I'm not paying that to not get the demo dvd

Jedmeister

"Craig Sutton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:d0r6n7$ado$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Craig Sutton wrote:
>> > "XPD" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > No same thing in several shops..NO DVD on the front yet others in the
>> > rack had Cd's and Cover DVDS

>> Used to be a similar thing with a music magazine I read. (Damn, can't
>> remember the name, old age. Q?). It was due to copyright issues, not
>> copyrighted for NZ. However, One music shop I used to frequent had a
>> standing order for 100 issues within the UK and sold them in their shop
>> at

>> premium, only a couple of bucks but worth it as I was buying the mag

> anyway
>> and used to be ****ed when I didn't get the compilation audio CD with it.
>> Especially as some bands at the time, (I remember Radiohead being one)

> would
>> submit previously un-released songs specifically for this CD.
>>
>> Also, if you subscribed to the mag you could get the CD as it was being
>> posted in England. I don't know how this got past the copyright laws,
>> something about payment being received in the UK and being put in the
>> mail
>> is considered delivery, also done in the UK.
>>
>> I suggest that copyright is that issue at hand here too. Some or all of

> the
>> software ob said disk isn't copyrighted by the owner to be released in
>> NZ,
>> for whatever reason.

> Yes thought it may have something to do with copyright..oh well save $12 a
> month I'm not paying that to not get the demo dvd

It is just to stop f***ers stealing the things.

Craig Sutton

"Jedmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:FoaYd.8683

> > Yes thought it may have something to do with copyright..oh well save $12

> > month I'm not paying that to not get the demo dvd
> >

> It is just to stop f***ers stealing the things.

"free offer not available to NZ readers" shown on the cover..

No other mags in the rack without cd's...

I would say something to do with Copyright, perhaps some software still
being sold in NZ market being given away for free this month.