Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > clearnet users currently unable to email anyone who uses spamcop

clearnet users currently unable to email anyone who uses spamcop

rolling

Just to let other clearnet customers know I have put this message under a
new topic heading even though it is been discussed on the other nz.comp
spamcop thread. So if your emails are rejected ands it say's you are
blacklisted by spam cop it is because clearnet itself have been blacklisted,
this will only affect you if you try to send to someone who uses spamcop to
block spammers. According to another poster clearnet have been banned
because they are intensively used by spammers.

Steve

rolling wrote:
> Just to let other clearnet customers know I have put this message under a
> new topic heading even though it is been discussed on the other nz.comp
> spamcop thread. So if your emails are rejected ands it say's you are
> blacklisted by spam cop it is because clearnet itself have been blacklisted,
> this will only affect you if you try to send to someone who uses spamcop to
> block spammers. According to another poster clearnet have been banned
> because they are intensively used by spammers.

Try sending mail to anyone who uses spews. Then find out that rackspace
have been blacklisted, for example. Then find out how much they care.

Steve

Karen Hayward-King

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 17:22:28 +1300, "rolling" <rolling@along> wrote:

>Just to let other clearnet customers know I have put this message under a
>new topic heading even though it is been discussed on the other nz.comp
>spamcop thread. So if your emails are rejected ands it say's you are
>blacklisted by spam cop it is because clearnet itself have been blacklisted,
>this will only affect you if you try to send to someone who uses spamcop to
>block spammers. According to another poster clearnet have been banned
>because they are intensively used by spammers.

Hmmmmm...my daughter works for telstraclear. Her emails to me from her
work account have been bouncing back to her since yesterday. I can
email her okay.

Karen Hayward-King

A.D.

rolling wrote:
> Just to let other clearnet customers know I have put this message under a
> new topic heading even though it is been discussed on the other nz.comp
> spamcop thread. So if your emails are rejected ands it say's you are
> blacklisted by spam cop it is because clearnet itself have been blacklisted,
> this will only affect you if you try to send to someone who uses spamcop to
> block spammers. According to another poster clearnet have been banned
> because they are intensively used by spammers.

Someone may have submitted emails from clear.net.nz to SpamCop because
they were annoyed at Telstra.

A.D.