Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > spamcop has blacklisted me, WHAT THE HELL!

spamcop has blacklisted me, WHAT THE HELL!

rolling

What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I have been
blacklisted by spamcop, this address I email to most days but today suddenly
this happens and I have certainly never spammed anyone and due to the way I
handle things I almost never get spammed, I only get spam from a dodgy NZ
computer company and no I don't use a spam filter so to get blacklisted for
spamming is very rich. What the hell is going on, has anybody else had this
problem, how easy is it for your email address to get blacklisted, can
someone just put you on a blacklist to be a nuisance?

Dave - Dave.net.nz

rolling wrote:
> What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I have been
> blacklisted by spamcop, this address I email to most days but today suddenly
> this happens and I have certainly never spammed anyone and due to the way I
> handle things I almost never get spammed, I only get spam from a dodgy NZ
> computer company and no I don't use a spam filter so to get blacklisted for
> spamming is very rich. What the hell is going on, has anybody else had this
> problem, how easy is it for your email address to get blacklisted, can
> someone just put you on a blacklist to be a nuisance?

Im willing to be corrected, but spamcop dont blacklist by email address
do they?
I thought they checked servers, which would mean that your ISP is
probably looking at it.

Have you got any thing official that says that they have blocked you in
particular?
if not,
How do you know you've been blocked?

rolling

"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> rolling wrote:
> > What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I have been
> > blacklisted by spamcop, this address I email to most days but today

suddenly
> > this happens and I have certainly never spammed anyone and due to the

way I
> > handle things I almost never get spammed, I only get spam from a dodgy

NZ
> > computer company and no I don't use a spam filter so to get blacklisted

for
> > spamming is very rich. What the hell is going on, has anybody else had

this
> > problem, how easy is it for your email address to get blacklisted, can
> > someone just put you on a blacklist to be a nuisance?

> Im willing to be corrected, but spamcop dont blacklist by email address
> do they?
> I thought they checked servers, which would mean that your ISP is
> probably looking at it.
>
> Have you got any thing official that says that they have blocked you in
> particular?
> if not,
> How do you know you've been blocked?

Because the email returns with Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed
and a message which includes

Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Rule imposed as http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) is
blacklisted on SpamCop (see www.spamcop.net)

rolling

"rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > rolling wrote:
> > > What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I have been
> > > blacklisted by spamcop, this address I email to most days but today

> suddenly
> > > this happens and I have certainly never spammed anyone and due to the

> way I
> > > handle things I almost never get spammed, I only get spam from a dodgy

> NZ
> > > computer company and no I don't use a spam filter so to get

blacklisted
> for
> > > spamming is very rich. What the hell is going on, has anybody else had

> this
> > > problem, how easy is it for your email address to get blacklisted, can
> > > someone just put you on a blacklist to be a nuisance?

> > Im willing to be corrected, but spamcop dont blacklist by email address
> > do they?
> > I thought they checked servers, which would mean that your ISP is
> > probably looking at it.
> >
> > Have you got any thing official that says that they have blocked you in
> > particular?
> > if not,
> > How do you know you've been blocked?

> Because the email returns with Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed
> and a message which includes
>
> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Rule imposed as (E-Mail Removed) is
> blacklisted on SpamCop (see www.spamcop.net)

I should also say that I am very careful with who I use this address with
which is one of the reasons I don't have a spam problem so this makes it
even more curious that I ended up on a blacklist, if I had the time I could
probably get a good idea of where my email address got leaked as very few
people and companies have this email address.

rolling

"rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in message news:422fa05a$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

been

> > suddenly

the
> > way I

dodgy
> > NZ

> blacklisted
> > for

had
> > this

can

> > > Im willing to be corrected, but spamcop dont blacklist by email

address
> > > do they?
> > > I thought they checked servers, which would mean that your ISP is
> > > probably looking at it.
> > >
> > > Have you got any thing official that says that they have blocked you

in
> > > particular?
> > > if not,
> > > How do you know you've been blocked?

> > Because the email returns with Delivery Notification: Delivery has

failed
> > and a message which includes
> >
> > Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> > Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Rule imposed as (E-Mail Removed)

is
> > blacklisted on SpamCop (see www.spamcop.net)
> >

> I should also say that I am very careful with who I use this address with
> which is one of the reasons I don't have a spam problem so this makes it
> even more curious that I ended up on a blacklist, if I had the time I

could
> probably get a good idea of where my email address got leaked as very few
> people and companies have this email address.

Also I should mention for the sake of doubters that I have my isp's spam
filter turned off, spam is a lot more avoidable than some would have us
believe, certainly there are plenty of people making money from the belief
that spam is unavoidable.

Mark Cranness

"rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in news:422f993f$(E-Mail Removed):

> What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I
> have been blacklisted by spamcop,

What Dave said, I thought they only blacklisted IP addresses, not
email addresses.

Go here:
http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml
.... and enter the IP you used to send the email from (you are on
dialup, so that will likely change with each modem connect).
You may be able to examine the bounce message to find the IP you had
embedded in the headers?

If you disconnect the modem, re-connect (get a new IP) can you then
send?

Mark

rolling

"Mark Cranness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:422fa68b$0$2355$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in news:422f993f$(E-Mail Removed):
>
> > What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I
> > have been blacklisted by spamcop,

> What Dave said, I thought they only blacklisted IP addresses, not
> email addresses.
>
> Go here:
> http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml
> ... and enter the IP you used to send the email from (you are on
> dialup, so that will likely change with each modem connect).
> You may be able to examine the bounce message to find the IP you had
> embedded in the headers?
>
> If you disconnect the modem, re-connect (get a new IP) can you then
> send?
>
> Mark

No I can still not send once I get a new ip and the previous ip's used with
the rejected email do not show up as been blocked when entered in the
spamcop lookup.

Thor

rolling wrote:

> "Mark Cranness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:422fa68b$0$2355$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in news:422f993f$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I
>> > have been blacklisted by spamcop,

> No I can still not send once I get a new ip and the previous ip's used
> with the rejected email do not show up as been blocked when entered in the
> spamcop lookup.

Maybe they've decided that so much spam comes from that crap piece of
softwhere you are using as a newsreader that they've blocked all outlook
express users. It would be a hell of a good way to reduce spam that's for
real.

--
*~~~~~~~~~~~Thor

Shane (aka froggy)

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:09:12 +1300, rolling wrote:

> "Mark Cranness" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:422fa68b$0$2355$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "rolling" <rolling@along> wrote in news:422f993f$(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> > What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I
>> > have been blacklisted by spamcop,

>> What Dave said, I thought they only blacklisted IP addresses, not
>> email addresses.
>>
>> Go here:
>> http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml
>> ... and enter the IP you used to send the email from (you are on
>> dialup, so that will likely change with each modem connect).
>> You may be able to examine the bounce message to find the IP you had
>> embedded in the headers?
>>
>> If you disconnect the modem, re-connect (get a new IP) can you then
>> send?
>>
>> Mark

> No I can still not send once I get a new ip and the previous ip's used with
> the rejected email do not show up as been blocked when entered in the
> spamcop lookup.

have you emailed the admin of the mailserver that is bouncing you?
either from your account or from a freebie (like hotmail or gmail or
somesh*t) and got their version of events? Or to complain about being
bounced for no reason

Collector»NZ

rolling said the following on 10/03/2005 2:15 p.m.:
> "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>rolling wrote:
>>
>>>What the hell, I just had an email fail to deliver because I have been
>>>blacklisted by spamcop, this address I email to most days but today

> suddenly
>
>>>this happens and I have certainly never spammed anyone and due to the

> way I
>
>>>handle things I almost never get spammed, I only get spam from a dodgy

> NZ
>
>>>computer company and no I don't use a spam filter so to get blacklisted

> for
>
>>>spamming is very rich. What the hell is going on, has anybody else had

> this
>
>>>problem, how easy is it for your email address to get blacklisted, can
>>>someone just put you on a blacklist to be a nuisance?

>>Im willing to be corrected, but spamcop dont blacklist by email address
>>do they?
>>I thought they checked servers, which would mean that your ISP is
>>probably looking at it.
>>
>>Have you got any thing official that says that they have blocked you in
>>particular?
>>if not,
>>How do you know you've been blocked?

> Because the email returns with Delivery Notification: Delivery has failed
> and a message which includes
>
> Reason: Remote SMTP server has rejected address
> Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Rule imposed as (E-Mail Removed) is
> blacklisted on SpamCop (see www.spamcop.net)

You have probably been joe jobed and dont know it result you have been
listed in one of the ORB lists.

| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |