Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Dell releases 24" Widescreen LCD - $1,199 US

Reply
Thread Tools

Dell releases 24" Widescreen LCD - $1,199 US

 
 
pixel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2005
with 1000:1 contrast ratio <@ would love to know when these will be in
NZ but it ain't on the Dell NZ website yet...

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...=19&l=en&s=dhs

and the only review on it i could find so far:

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1764458,00.asp

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Aaron Lawrence
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2005
Suddenly, pixel sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> with 1000:1 contrast ratio <@ would love to know when these will be in
> NZ but it ain't on the Dell NZ website yet...
>
> http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...=19&l=en&s=dhs
>
> and the only review on it i could find so far:
>
> http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1764458,00.asp


Wow that looks pretty good. 1000:1 is a big improvement on the typical
400 or 500:1 (if it's real)...

And the price should be well under 2000 NZ...
--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and
opposite expert. - Arthur C. Clarke
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
pixel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-07-2005
Aaron Lawrence wrote:
> Wow that looks pretty good. 1000:1 is a big improvement on the typical
> 400 or 500:1 (if it's real)...
>
> And the price should be well under 2000 NZ...



heh... it won't be. dell NZ will add a markup of several hundred $, just
like sony. but hopefully the NZ branch has dell's total customer
satisfaction guarantuee. basically a dell system or peripheral can be
returned within 15 days for a full refund, useful for an LCD purchase


 
Reply With Quote
 
davenetnz@gmail.com
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2005
Aaron Lawrence wrote:
> Suddenly, pixel sprang forth and uttered these pithy words:
> > with 1000:1 contrast ratio <@ would love to know when these will

be in
> > NZ but it ain't on the Dell NZ website yet...
> >
> >

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/c...=19&l=en&s=dhs
> >
> > and the only review on it i could find so far:
> >
> > http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...1764458,00.asp

>
> Wow that looks pretty good. 1000:1 is a big improvement on the

typical
> 400 or 500:1 (if it's real)...


I just read a review of this one here.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1774272,00.asp
http://tinyurl.com/6nh85

and they said the following.
"In the lab, the 2405FPW hit its marks, with a measured contrast ratio
of 612:1"
and then this
_______________________________________________
Benchmark test results:
Average Contrast Ratio: 612:1
Average Black Level: 0.4 candelas/m2 (cd/m2)
Average White Level: 499 cd/m2
VESA Uniformity Black: 72.9%
VESA Uniformity White: 86.8%
_______________________________________________

so although good, it's not as good as their spec sheet.

 
Reply With Quote
 
pixel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-12-2005
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Benchmark test results:
> Average Contrast Ratio: 612:1
> Average Black Level: 0.4 candelas/m2 (cd/m2)
> Average White Level: 499 cd/m2
> VESA Uniformity Black: 72.9%
> VESA Uniformity White: 86.8%
> _______________________________________________
>
> so although good, it's not as good as their spec sheet.



true - still pretty decent though

just became aware of some dire news over at the widescreen gaming forum
(www.widescreengamingforum.com). apparently there are problems when
combining SLI configurations with DVI and widescreen resolutions,
basically really bad flickering.

so nVidia's SLI seems to offer great performance improvements for high
res except when in widescreen mode on a DVI port. seems pretty
bizare.... hopefully it can be fixed with updated drivers.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Widescreen: Widescreen TVs at SEARS liukaiyuan DVD Video 0 05-04-2008 01:45 AM
Widescreen LCD's Rich Computer Support 9 05-13-2006 09:09 AM
dell widescreen LCD Graeme Prentice NZ Computing 11 06-30-2005 12:11 PM
Dell 2005FPW 20" Widescreen LCD now available in NZ Steven Ellis NZ Computing 13 05-05-2005 07:01 AM
Widescreen shows on widescreen TV Limited Edition Clear Vinyl DVD Video 10 04-04-2004 10:03 AM



Advertisments