Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Direct to CD printing

Direct to CD printing

Rider

"Baranggay Ginebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My bubble jet printer just ran out out of ink
> and buying new ink cartridges cost almost half
> of what I can pay for a new printer. I figured, I'd rather
> buy a new printer with a new feature i.e. direct to CD/DVD
> printing.
>
> What can you can say about these printers that can print directly
> to CD/DVD ? Any particular brand you can suggest ?
>
> cheers

Canon IP3000, IP4000

Baranggay Ginebra

My bubble jet printer just ran out out of ink
and buying new ink cartridges cost almost half
of what I can pay for a new printer. I figured, I'd rather
buy a new printer with a new feature i.e. direct to CD/DVD
printing.

What can you can say about these printers that can print directly
to CD/DVD ? Any particular brand you can suggest ?

cheers

Chris Hope

Baranggay Ginebra wrote:

> My bubble jet printer just ran out out of ink
> and buying new ink cartridges cost almost half
> of what I can pay for a new printer. I figured, I'd rather
> buy a new printer with a new feature i.e. direct to CD/DVD
> printing.
>
> What can you can say about these printers that can print directly
> to CD/DVD ? Any particular brand you can suggest ?

I have a Canon IP3000 and it prints to CD and the result is very good.
The software is very easy to use and it's also a photo printer. The
last time I mentioned I have one of these printers here I was told by
woger that it's crap blah blah blah and that the Epson 210 is the one
to go for - the 210 also prints CDs and Photos.

http://www.canon.com.au/products/hom...rs/ip3000.html
http://www.epson.com.au/products/hom...sPhotor210.asp

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:34:45 +1300, Chris Hope <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
>
>> My bubble jet printer just ran out out of ink
>> and buying new ink cartridges cost almost half
>> of what I can pay for a new printer. I figured, I'd rather
>> buy a new printer with a new feature i.e. direct to CD/DVD
>> printing.
>>
>> What can you can say about these printers that can print directly
>> to CD/DVD ? Any particular brand you can suggest ?

>I have a Canon IP3000 and it prints to CD and the result is very good.
>The software is very easy to use and it's also a photo printer. The
>last time I mentioned I have one of these printers here I was told by
>woger that it's crap blah blah blah and that the Epson 210 is the one
>to go for - the 210 also prints CDs and Photos.
>
>http://www.canon.com.au/products/hom...rs/ip3000.html
>http://www.epson.com.au/products/hom...sPhotor210.asp

The Canon i965 is a good buy at around $200 as the shops that are dumping
them..

And very cheap to run

Mind you its a Full featured Photo printer.

JedMeister

<BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:34:45 +1300, Chris Hope
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
>>
>>> My bubble jet printer just ran out out of ink
>>> and buying new ink cartridges cost almost half
>>> of what I can pay for a new printer. I figured, I'd rather
>>> buy a new printer with a new feature i.e. direct to CD/DVD
>>> printing.
>>>
>>> What can you can say about these printers that can print directly
>>> to CD/DVD ? Any particular brand you can suggest ?

>>I have a Canon IP3000 and it prints to CD and the result is very good.
>>The software is very easy to use and it's also a photo printer. The
>>last time I mentioned I have one of these printers here I was told by
>>woger that it's crap blah blah blah and that the Epson 210 is the one
>>to go for - the 210 also prints CDs and Photos.
>>
>>http://www.canon.com.au/products/hom...rs/ip3000.html
>>http://www.epson.com.au/products/hom...sPhotor210.asp

> The Canon i965 is a good buy at around $200 as the shops that are dumping
> them..
>

> And very cheap to run
>
> Mind you its a Full featured Photo printer.

Really? I bought my i950 from harvey normans 2 years ago for $900.00. This
is a better model, and 1/4 price. Damn.

But, I have learnt my lesson, never buy chain store stuff, pricespy is your
scottish friend.

xlo

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:34:45 +1300, Chris Hope <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
>>

>>>My bubble jet printer just ran out out of ink
>>>and buying new ink cartridges cost almost half
>>>of what I can pay for a new printer. I figured, I'd rather
>>>buy a new printer with a new feature i.e. direct to CD/DVD
>>>printing.
>>>
>>>What can you can say about these printers that can print directly
>>>to CD/DVD ? Any particular brand you can suggest ?

>>I have a Canon IP3000 and it prints to CD and the result is very good.
>>The software is very easy to use and it's also a photo printer. The
>>last time I mentioned I have one of these printers here I was told by
>>woger that it's crap blah blah blah and that the Epson 210 is the one
>>to go for - the 210 also prints CDs and Photos.
>>
>>http://www.canon.com.au/products/hom...rs/ip3000.html
>>http://www.epson.com.au/products/hom...sPhotor210.asp

> The Canon i965 is a good buy at around $200 as the shops that are dumping
> them..
>

> And very cheap to run
>
> Mind you its a Full featured Photo printer.

Where?
Pricespy $629 / Global PC Chch.
I want one for $200 - happy even if that excludes GST

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 11:46:44 +1300, "JedMeister"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

><BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn> wrote in message
>news(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:34:45 +1300, Chris Hope
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote:

>>>I have a Canon IP3000 and it prints to CD and the result is very good.
>>>The software is very easy to use and it's also a photo printer. The
>>>last time I mentioned I have one of these printers here I was told by
>>>woger that it's crap blah blah blah and that the Epson 210 is the one
>>>to go for - the 210 also prints CDs and Photos.
>>>
>>>http://www.canon.com.au/products/hom...rs/ip3000.html
>>>http://www.epson.com.au/products/hom...sPhotor210.asp

>> The Canon i965 is a good buy at around $200 as the shops that are dumping
>> them..
>>

>> And very cheap to run
>>
>> Mind you its a Full featured Photo printer.
>>

>Really? I bought my i950 from harvey normans 2 years ago for $900.00. This
>is a better model, and 1/4 price. Damn.
>
>But, I have learnt my lesson, never buy chain store stuff, pricespy is your
>scottish friend.

No Wellington Photographic's Supplies.

Gordon

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:41:22 +1300, wrote:

> The Canon i965 is a good buy at around $200 as the shops that are dumping
> them..
>

> And very cheap to run

Yes, but how far are you going BILL?

David Preece

Chris Hope wrote:
> I was told by
> woger that it's crap blah blah blah and that the Epson 210 is the one
> to go for

Epson printers are a pile of shite.

Dave

Andrew Gerald

> The Canon i965 is a good buy at around $200 as the shops that are
dumping
> them..
>

> And very cheap to run
>
> Mind you its a Full featured Photo printer.

Yes I have one of these and it's a great printer. Prints to CD much
faster than the Epson R310 too.