Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: Paradise new Server Problems

Re: Paradise new Server Problems

Brian Boutel

BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn wrote:

> Seems like its dropped out, no new Items for to-day

Yes. Certainly no non-local groups, but you can still read messages that
are already there.

Same thing happened a couple of days ago.

--brian

--
Brian Boutel
Wellington, New Zealand

Don Hills

In article <42268daf$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Brian Boutel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
|Yes. Certainly no non-local groups, but you can still read messages that
|are already there.

On the phone to them now...

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
-- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286

Don Hills

In article <AXqJCFY/(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Don Hills) wrote:

>On the phone to them now...

Sigh... significant lack of clue, all they can see is that it appears to only
affect cable Paradise and Clear users. They tried via dialup and saw new messages.
The tech is going to leave a message to the night shift guy about it, in the
meantime the suggested action plan is to wait and see if it fixes itself.
About time to find another ISP... the simple answer would be to simply
subscribe to a good news server, but why should Paradise get the same amount
of money from me while providing less service?

preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
-- Microsoft advertisement on the box for Windows 2.11 for 286

Invisible

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 18:05:10 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) (Don Hills) wrote:

>In article <AXqJCFY/(E-Mail Removed)>,
>(E-Mail Removed) (Don Hills) wrote:
>>
>>On the phone to them now...

>Sigh... significant lack of clue, all they can see is that it appears to only
>affect cable Paradise and Clear users.

>They tried via dialup and saw new messages.

That's more than I'm seeing. Idiots. How many 'new' ones did they see? There's
been less than 10 all day!