Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Divx on XBOX

Divx on XBOX

Baranggay Ginebra

Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.

thanks in advance

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?

by default no

> I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
> software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.

then I guess you'll have to wait.

> thanks in advance

no wories, the pleasures all mine.

Bottle Boy

"Baranggay Ginebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
> I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
> software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
>
> thanks in advance

I'll try to be a little bit more helpful then Dave was.

What you need is the "slayers install" disk. It's an auto install process
that should set up your modded xbox dashboard (evox IIRC) along with all
other software you need for playing common windows media files e.g. mpgs,
avis etc.

The tricky bit is finding the slayers iso off the net.I had to dl it from an
irc site. Pretty much everything you need to know about modded xboxes can be
found here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Bottle Boy wrote:
>>Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
>>I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
>>software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
>>thanks in advance

> I'll try to be a little bit more helpful then Dave was.

I wasn't trying to be un-helpful actually, I thought when they said they
had a modded Xbox, but don't have the software yet, that it was
coming... my mistake.

Daver

I just installed XB Media centre (or player) and it played them fine.

"Baranggay Ginebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
> I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
> software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
>
> thanks in advance

Steve

The forums and instructons at
http://www.xbox-emulation.co.uk/mirc%20info.shtml will enable you to
download Windows Media Player which supports all sorts of file types...

"Baranggay Ginebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
> I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
> software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
>
> thanks in advance

steve

Baranggay Ginebra wrote:
> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?

It can if you run linux on it.

Kiwi999_1@Hotmail.com

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:19:55 +1300, "Bottle Boy" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"Baranggay Ginebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can XBOX play DivX AVI files ?
>> I got a modded XBOX but don't have a
>> software yet that will allow me to play DivX avi files.
>>
>> thanks in advance

>I'll try to be a little bit more helpful then Dave was.
>
>What you need is the "slayers install" disk. It's an auto install process
>that should set up your modded xbox dashboard (evox IIRC) along with all
>other software you need for playing common windows media files e.g. mpgs,
>avis etc.
>
>The tricky bit is finding the slayers iso off the net.I had to dl it from an
>irc site. Pretty much everything you need to know about modded xboxes can be
>found here:
>
>http://www.xbox-scene.com/

Slayers EVox 2.6 comes with XBox Media Centre (XBMC), which lets you
play most media types, even rmvb (Real Player) and .cue (CD/DVD
image).
Better still, if you have networked your XBox to your PC, XBMC can
view shares and stream direct from your lan..

Wellington, New Zealand