Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > iServe Hosting

iServe Hosting

maz

Are you still working for them?

news:d03ijv$2n3$(E-Mail Removed)...

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Rob King) wrote:
> *SNIP*
> >I'm curious to know what is non-traditional about their environment.
> >In my experience, installing the framework properly on IIS involves
> >clicking a few OK buttons.
> >

> Their environment is almost exclusively Linux. This includes the
> backend storage on their Windows servers. Getting .NET to work across
> samba shares is non-trivial, which is why they say it's not a
> traditional Windows environment.
>
> >I'm not getting down on iServe at all, I'm just curious. Anyone know
> >what they might have?

> Lots of Linux. Three Windows servers, for the unenlightened, and the
> rest is Linux.
>
> --
> Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
> "Veni, vidi, velcro...
> I came, I saw, I stuck around"
>
> My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Matthew Poole

In article <1109821380.707940@ftpsrv1>, "maz" <mazz****@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
>Are you still working for them?

*SNIP*

As of about 30 minutes ago, yes

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...
I came, I saw, I stuck around"

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Mauricio Freitas

"Rob King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> "Mauricio Freitas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<422584b4$(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> "Rob King" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>
>> Is this a commercial site? Are you a .Net developer?
>>
>> If this is a personal thing and you're a .Net developer, you could sign
>> up
>> with MSDN Connection, a Microsoft New Zealand program for developers.
>> Part
>> of the benefits is freet .Net hosting with SQL Server. Limited space, but
>> if
>> you're a developer. There's an approval process though.
>>
>> Are you open for suggestions on .Net hosting? IF so I can give one name.

> I'm a .net developer hosting a couple of free apps I've written. I
> also need email hosting and stuff though so that's why I'm using
> iServe.

I can strongly suggest Intellihost (a service from Iconz). They are not
pricey, with a good entry level hosting (5MB unlimited data $10 or 30MB,
unlimited data $20). They charge in 30 days cycle, unlike iServe (28 days).

I have Geekzone with them, serving more than 3 million pages a month. In
January we had two stories on Slashdot - on the same day!

So, I can really recommend them - and no, I'm not associated except being a
customer.

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

Matthew Poole

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, SchoolTech <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>In article <(E-Mail Removed) > in nz.comp
>on 2 Mar 2005 00:53:30 -0800, Rob King <(E-Mail Removed)> says...

*SNIP*
>Some ISPs with low demand for ASP chose to implement a "halfway" version
>of it by installing the ASP services on a Windows desktop, rather than a
>full Windows Server with IIS, which is fairly expensive.

*SNIP*

This is NOT what iServe are doing!

--
Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
"Veni, vidi, velcro...
I came, I saw, I stuck around"

My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet

Enkidu

SchoolTech wrote:

> Some ISPs with low demand for ASP chose to implement a
> "halfway" version of it by installing the ASP services
> on a Windows desktop, rather than a full Windows Server
> with IIS, which is fairly expensive.
>
> NT/2k/XP can have up to 10 connections when used in this way.

You'd not get ASP services without IIS.

Besides, I don't know of any "ISP" except for some that run
over ADSL and only aspire to the name that would do that.

Cheers,

Cliff

Brendon

Mauricio Freitas wrote:

> I can strongly suggest Intellihost (a service from Iconz). They are not
> pricey, with a good entry level hosting (5MB unlimited data $10 or 30MB,
> unlimited data $20). They charge in 30 days cycle, unlike iServe (28 days).
>
> I have Geekzone with them, serving more than 3 million pages a month. In
> January we had two stories on Slashdot - on the same day!
>
> So, I can really recommend them - and no, I'm not associated except being a
> customer.

yeh, but they don't support Coldfusion....

Mauricio Freitas

"Brendon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:YgcWd.32$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
>
>> I can strongly suggest Intellihost (a service from Iconz). They are not
>> pricey, with a good entry level hosting (5MB unlimited data $10 or 30MB,
>> unlimited data $20). They charge in 30 days cycle, unlike iServe (28
>> days).
>>
>> I have Geekzone with them, serving more than 3 million pages a month. In
>> January we had two stories on Slashdot - on the same day!
>>
>> So, I can really recommend them - and no, I'm not associated except being
>> a customer.
>>

> yeh, but they don't support Coldfusion....

Well, the OP asked about .Net suppot

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

iServe hosting stats - better options? Alan Howard NZ Computing 3 03-12-2006 01:55 AM
iserve hosting XPD NZ Computing 2 11-25-2003 06:27 PM
Re: iserve for hosting art NZ Computing 2 08-17-2003 12:02 AM
Re: iserve for hosting T.N.O NZ Computing 2 08-11-2003 09:35 AM

Advertisments