Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Orcon UBS, performance of late.

Orcon UBS, performance of late.

mark

"~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Subject: Re: Orcon UBS, performance of late.
> From: "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Newsgroups: nz.comp
>
> mark wrote:
>> "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>
>>> Subject: Re: Orcon UBS, performance of late.
>>> From: "~misfit~" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Newsgroups: nz.comp

>>> Hey, it's worth 2 cents. However, no matter what I say I doubt I
>>> could get out of the churn fee without a lawyer.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> --
>>> ~misfit~

>> If you were brassed off enough with orcon you could:
>>
>> 1. tell them they are a bunch of arseholes that haven't delivered the
>> service they promised. tell them you wish to disconnect and don't
>> expect any additional charges.
>>
>> 2. join telecom on the free modem, free connection plan and get a 99
>> credit since u already have a modem
>>
>> if u can get the same deal through slingshot let me know since I'm
>> just starting to look into this myself

> Hey, cool. I didn't think of that. Thanks for the info. The $99 credit
> would cover the churn fee. I don't suppose I could get a credit on the
> free connection as I'm already connected to their ADSL and had to pay
> for it? --
> ~misfit~

LOL, you could try but I doubt it

I was told $99 credit by the telecom rep I spoke too, but would prefer
to join another UBS provider if possible. Even if orcon improve from now
on, and I decide to tolerate them, I'll be sure to continue recommending
that they be avoided. Once bitten...