Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Weird LCD Monitor Problem

Weird LCD Monitor Problem

maz

I have got a 18 inch LCD monitor I purchased about 2 years ago, which came
with a 3 year warranty. Recently I noticed that at one part of the bottom
edge of the screen, there is like a 'bow' or 'shallow arch' in the screen
where the screen bows up about 3-4 pixels. The bow is about 2 inches long.
The bow isn't in the pixels, but is something to do with the layer/s
underneath the pixels. The bow totally disappears if I look at this area of
the screen directly in front of the bow, but if I view the screen further
away from the screen I can see the bow. I think that it could be something
to do with the LCD screen delaminating along the bottom edge, and maybe the
layers are peeling away from one another on the back layers of the screen.
The monitor is in excellent condition and not had that much usage. I was
wondering if anyone has experienced a similar problem.I am sure I will get
it repaired under warranty, but interested if anyone else has heard of this.