Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > UBS & Telstraclear

Reply
Thread Tools

UBS & Telstraclear

 
 
A.D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-27-2005
Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?

If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?

A.D.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
A.D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2005
A.D. wrote:
> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?
>
> If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?
>
> A.D.


And why is no one touching this question?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2005
A.D. wrote:
>> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on UBS?
>> If so, why does no one complain about Telstra's resale ADSL lag/latency?


> And why is no one touching this question?


would anyone here really go UBS(a known troubled product), with Telstra
Clear(a known troubled company{with regards to support})?

but seriously? I havent heard anything, although no-ones pushing for
customers quite like Orcon, even Ihugs Bliink seems fine from what I
have read/heard.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e
nice! http://www.dave.net.nz/images/link.jpg
 
Reply With Quote
 
MC
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2005
"A.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
> UBS?


No.

Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
complained (God bless them, somebody had to).

IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

Mark
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-28-2005
MC wrote:
> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.


I knew they had one, and knew they had pulled it, but hadn't read why...
heh, another 0867 thing then.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Collector»NZ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2005
Dave - dave.net.nz said the following on 1/03/2005 11:52 a.m.:
> MC wrote:
>
>> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
>> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.

>
>
> I knew they had one, and knew they had pulled it, but hadn't read why...
> heh, another 0867 thing then.


Yep Ihug are in Bed with telescum for sure. The 0867 thing went away
when telescum paid Ihug $19million (IIRC) to cahnge over to 0867 IP dial
up. The Woods boys both started driving the Latest BMWs about the same time.



--
>>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

================================================== ====================
| Local 40.9000°S, 174.9830°E |
================================================== ====================
"I used to jog, but the ice kept bouncing out of my glass."
"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine......
However, this is not necessarily a good idea...."
 
Reply With Quote
 
A.D.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2005
MC wrote:
> "A.D." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>
>>Can someone tell me, are all resale/non-telecom customers on
>>UBS?

>
>
> No.
>
> Telstraclear have a complaint before the commerce commission about
> UBS, and can't legally complain if they have signed a contract with
> Telescum for UBS, so they had a choice of sign or complain and they
> complained (God bless them, somebody had to).
>
> IHug also had a complaint (IIRC), but that was withdrawn after
> Telescum gave them a better/different deal on resale of JetStream.
>
> Mark


Marvelous! I think it's time to reassign myself.

Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
game, can you blame them for the outcome?).

A.D.
 
Reply With Quote
 
colinco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2005
In article A.D. says...
> Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
> of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
> game, can you blame them for the outcome?).
>
>

Is it telecom that's the problem or how much upstream bandwidth the ISP
contracts for. You can't aggressively tout for business than be
surprised at how congested your links are.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2005
A.D. wrote:
> Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
> of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
> game, can you blame them for the outcome?).


heh. I love monopoly... I always used to win.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave - Dave.net.nz
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2005
colinco wrote:
>>Who decided privatize Telecom in the first place??? Isn't THAT the root
>>of this problem? (If you gave a child some paint and a monopoly board
>>game, can you blame them for the outcome?).


> Is it telecom that's the problem or how much upstream bandwidth the ISP
> contracts for. You can't aggressively tout for business than be
> surprised at how congested your links are.


actually, with UBS this is a Telecom problem...they allocate 24kbit/UBS
customer, what this means is that oyu need all the mah and pah home
users to jump on, and not use it to even out the people that jump on and
do use it.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
anyone can explain to me about UBS and non-UBS? AT NZ Computing 9 12-15-2004 01:46 AM
UBS upgrades... Telecom screwing us again? The Other Guy NZ Computing 60 10-11-2004 02:03 AM
UBS back on track EMB NZ Computing 17 08-29-2004 04:24 AM
UBS 1 or 2? Bozo Computer Support 5 08-21-2004 11:48 PM
UBS news. Dave - Dave.net.nz NZ Computing 13 08-20-2004 03:22 AM



Advertisments