Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > good cheap dual head card

good cheap dual head card

Adder

e.g. radeon 7000
http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID001

Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
AGP slot.
this one is about $129
what other options are their

Dave - dave.net.nz

Adder wrote:
> e.g. radeon 7000
> http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID001
>
> Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
> AGP slot.
> this one is about $129
> what other options are their

it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
the best, but no good for games.

Daniel

Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:

> it depnds on what it's going to be used for.

Agreed. What are you going to use it for?

Benji Thorn

I use a KVM switch with 2 computers but one monitor, does that mean I
have a half head card?

drunk too much

lol

Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:
> Adder wrote:
>
>> e.g. radeon 7000
>> http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID001
>>
>> Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card
>> presume AGP slot. this one is about $129
>> what other options are their

> it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
> I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
> the best, but no good for games.

Hi Dave,

Does the G450 have a VGA-->S-Video cable, and DVD playing software?

Cheers,
Daniel

Dave - dave.net.nz

Daniel wrote:
>>> e.g. radeon 7000
>>> http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID001
>>> Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card
>>> presume AGP slot. this one is about $129
>>> what other options are their

>> it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
>> I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one
>> of the best, but no good for games.

> Does the G450 have a VGA-->S-Video cable, and DVD playing software?

nope, and no idea.
so it's going to be used to play DVDs... what else?

Daniel

Dave - dave.net.nz wrote:
> Daniel wrote:
>
>> Does the G450 have a VGA-->S-Video cable, and DVD playing software?

> nope, and no idea.
> so it's going to be used to play DVDs... what else?

Nothing much else really. Just play MPEG2 (possibly MPEG4) stuff through
a TV.

Adder

In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Fri, 25 Feb
2005 12:58:46 +1300, Dave - dave.net.nz <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
> Adder wrote:
> > e.g. radeon 7000
> > http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID001
> >
> > Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
> > AGP slot.
> > this one is about $129
> > what other options are their

> it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
> I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
> the best, but no good for games.

onlyneeds to display powerpoint etc
no need for ganes

Daniel

Adder wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)> in nz.comp on Fri, 25 Feb
> 2005 12:58:46 +1300, Dave - dave.net.nz <(E-Mail Removed)> says...
>
>>Adder wrote:
>>
>>>e.g. radeon 7000
>>>http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID001
>>>
>>>Im llooking for a cheap not to sophisticated dual head video card presume
>>>AGP slot.
>>>this one is about $129
>>>what other options are their

>>it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
>>I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
>>the best, but no good for games.

> onlyneeds to display powerpoint etc
> no need for ganes

In that case, get this one:-
http://www.computerfuture.co.nz/prod...p?pcode=VID010

Dave - Dave.net.nz

Adder wrote:
>>it depnds on what it's going to be used for.
>>I have a Matrox G450 sitting here collecting dust, it is known as one of
>>the best, but no good for games.

> onlyneeds to display powerpoint etc
> no need for ganes

then it would be fine.