Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > had a play with the kodak photo machine in town today. Software that is as good as that?

had a play with the kodak photo machine in town today. Software that is as good as that?

cowboyz

If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software like
that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with photoshop
(which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep the aspect
ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and show me what
they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.

suggestions?

wogers nemesis

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:29:49 +1300, cowboyz wrote:

> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software like
> that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with photoshop
> (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep the aspect
> ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and show me what
> they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.
>
> suggestions?

MS Paint

-=rjh=-

cowboyz wrote:
> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software like
> that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with photoshop
> (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep the aspect
> ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and show me what
> they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.
>
> suggestions?

Picasa2. Excellent software. Easy to use for non technical users who
just want their photos.

Without exception, everyone I have shown this to has been really
impressed, and they've tended to be just starting in digital photography.

Only a 3MB download, too.

Gordon

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:29:49 +1300, cowboyz wrote:

> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software like
> that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with photoshop
> (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep the aspect
> ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and show me what
> they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.
>
> suggestions?

Abode photo elements, (I thinks is called that) the stripped down version
of photoshop.

Then again there is many simpler programmes for digital imagaing. There is
a French one photo Libeter Something like that.

Ifran, a very fast graphics viewer for windows does some image
manipulation.

Mike Dee

"cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cvjl7v$k03$(E-Mail Removed):

> Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and
> show me what they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.

Which version of Photoshop you using?

--
Wo es ermittlung gibt, gibt es möglichkeit.

dee

cowboyz

"wogers nemesis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:29:49 +1300, cowboyz wrote:
>
>> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software
>> like
>> that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with
>> photoshop
>> (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep the aspect
>> ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for
>> me.
>> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and show me
>> what
>> they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.
>>
>> suggestions?

> MS Paint

No. just no.. Oh why did I even bother replying... Thats 16 seconds of my
life Im not going to get back.

cowboyz

"-=rjh=-" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> cowboyz wrote:
>> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software
>> like that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with
>> photoshop (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep
>> the aspect ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too
>> complicated for me. Just want some nice easy software that can
>> crop/rotate pics and show me what they would look like if printed as a
>> 6x4 photo.
>>
>> suggestions?
>>

> Picasa2. Excellent software. Easy to use for non technical users who just
> want their photos.
>
> Without exception, everyone I have shown this to has been really
> impressed, and they've tended to be just starting in digital photography.
>
> Only a 3MB download, too.

sounds good. Thanx.. downloading it now. Since I originally posted I
found an app called fxfoto which is not bad. Quite good for organizing
photos, nice interface but still not quite there in the edit department.

cowboyz

"Mike Dee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "cowboyz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cvjl7v$k03$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
>> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and
>> show me what they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.

> Which version of Photoshop you using?
>
> --
> Wo es ermittlung gibt, gibt es möglichkeit.
>
> dee

7 Don't use it bugger all cause I don't like it. It is just too ....
something.... or I am just not smart enough.

Pain working with 20 photos too.

xlo

cowboyz wrote:
> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software like
> that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with photoshop
> (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep the aspect
> ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too complicated for me.
> Just want some nice easy software that can crop/rotate pics and show me what
> they would look like if printed as a 6x4 photo.
>
> suggestions?

This may be a bit more than you need, but a nice program, free for
non-commercial use.

http://www.photofiltre.com/

cowboyz

"xlo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> cowboyz wrote:
>> If you have used one you'll know what I mean, I would like software
>> like that used in the kodak machines. The biggest problem I have with
>> photoshop (which is what I am using now) is that it is difficult to keep
>> the aspect ratio. Actually photoshop as a whole is just far too
>> complicated for me. Just want some nice easy software that can
>> crop/rotate pics and show me what they would look like if printed as a
>> 6x4 photo.
>>
>> suggestions?
>>

> This may be a bit more than you need, but a nice program, free for
> non-commercial use.
>
> http://www.photofiltre.com/

Thanx. Im looking at a couple but picasa2 is very very good. I'll still
check out your suggestion, thanx