Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Enlightenment E17 vids

Enlightenment E17 vids

AD.

Spotted on Slashdot...

Rasterman talking about next gen desktops and going on about how
Enlightenment has been doing this for years blah blah...

Yeah yeah... so what? I thought. He's spouted off about this stuff in the
past, and I never really found earlier versions of Enlightenment that
useful or good looking. And E17 seems to be competing with Duke Nukem
Forever for delayed vapourware award of the decade.

But what the hell, I went and looked at the two videos he posted showing
off an alpha build of E17. Wow!! What a surprise - eye candy galore!

Worth checking out - even if you have no idea what I'm talking about

http://www.rasterman.com/

The two videos are about 12MB total.

--
Cheers
Anton

Shane (aka froggy)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:26:23 +1300, AD. wrote:

> Spotted on Slashdot...
>
> Rasterman talking about next gen desktops and going on about how
> Enlightenment has been doing this for years blah blah...
>
> Yeah yeah... so what? I thought. He's spouted off about this stuff in the
> past, and I never really found earlier versions of Enlightenment that
> useful or good looking. And E17 seems to be competing with Duke Nukem
> Forever for delayed vapourware award of the decade.
>
> But what the hell, I went and looked at the two videos he posted showing
> off an alpha build of E17. Wow!! What a surprise - eye candy galore!
>
> Worth checking out - even if you have no idea what I'm talking about
>
> http://www.rasterman.com/
>
> The two videos are about 12MB total.

er.. theres three vids if you .. erm.. leech it right
giving a total of ~16 MB
the first one is called e17_movie-01.avi

AD.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:34:28 +1300, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

> er.. theres three vids if you .. erm.. leech it right giving a total
> of ~16 MB
> the first one is called e17_movie-01.avi

OK wise guy, there's actually a e17_movie-00.avi too!

Although, 00 and 01 don't seem that flash compared to the other two linked
off the home page.

And another couple - follow the files link. Those are on embedded stuff.

Also for some reason, watching them on 'double size' in kaboodle seems to
be the correct resolution. Normal size only seems to be half resolution -
don't know if other players do the same.

--
Cheers
Anton

Shane (aka froggy)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:35:50 +1300, AD. wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:34:28 +1300, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
>
>> er.. theres three vids if you .. erm.. leech it right giving a total
>> of ~16 MB
>> the first one is called e17_movie-01.avi

> OK wise guy, there's actually a e17_movie-00.avi too!
>
> Although, 00 and 01 don't seem that flash compared to the other two linked
> off the home page.
>
> And another couple - follow the files link. Those are on embedded stuff.
>
> Also for some reason, watching them on 'double size' in kaboodle seems to
> be the correct resolution. Normal size only seems to be half resolution -
> don't know if other players do the same.

oh hell.. you are teh ub3r leecher!
**bows down**

Its some damn fine eye candy
my 1.7 celery cant handle too much vid so am watching it on gmplayer at
miniscule size .. theres enough to get the idea.. i wonder if that bg
comes with.. or have to get it yourself.. it rocked!

AD.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:51:05 +1300, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

> oh hell.. you are teh ub3r leecher!
> **bows down**

sshh don't tell anyone, but I just clicked on the 'files' link

> Its some damn fine eye candy
> my 1.7 celery cant handle too much vid so am watching it on gmplayer at
> miniscule size .. theres enough to get the idea.. i wonder if that bg
> comes with.. or have to get it yourself.. it rocked!

Really? I watched them fine at double size on a P3 500 (Debian
Sid/KDE/Kaboodle).

E17 looks like it's making rapid progress - it can't be too many more
years away now!

If we're really lucky, it might even come out before Longhorn.

--
Cheers
Anton

Shane (aka froggy)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:09:19 +1300, AD. wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:51:05 +1300, Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
>
>> oh hell.. you are teh ub3r leecher!
>> **bows down**

> sshh don't tell anyone, but I just clicked on the 'files' link
>

>> Its some damn fine eye candy
>> my 1.7 celery cant handle too much vid so am watching it on gmplayer at
>> miniscule size .. theres enough to get the idea.. i wonder if that bg
>> comes with.. or have to get it yourself.. it rocked!

> Really? I watched them fine at double size on a P3 500 (Debian
> Sid/KDE/Kaboodle).

at some stage I am going to ask someone to take a good look at why this
POS isnt handling Video to my expectations.. although for now i just put
up with it

> E17 looks like it's making rapid progress - it can't be too many more
> years away now!
>
> If we're really lucky, it might even come out before Longhorn.

lol.. DoJ restrictions on Microsoft are lifted 2007 IIRC.. I heard a
conspiracy theory that thats when to expect Longhorns eventual release
of course Im just repeating heresay and have no idea of its validity
(put that bit in to cover my ass )

Dave - Dave.net.nz

AD. wrote:
> E17 looks like it's making rapid progress - it can't be too many more
> years away now!
> If we're really lucky, it might even come out before Longhorn.

heh, with any luck, I'll being using Longhorn, with a Bitboys video
card, on a 4GHz+ P4, playing Duke nukem forever when it's launched.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)e

EMB

Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> heh, with any luck, I'll being using Longhorn, with a Bitboys video
> card, on a 4GHz+ P4, playing Duke nukem forever when it's launched.

In between looking out the window to see an aerial display by a full
squadron of porcine aviators.

--
EMB

Dave - Dave.net.nz

EMB wrote:
>> heh, with any luck, I'll being using Longhorn, with a Bitboys video
>> card, on a 4GHz+ P4, playing Duke nukem forever when it's launched.

> In between looking out the window to see an aerial display by a full
> squadron of porcine aviators.

Im on dialup at the moment, have just watched the 00 video... and my
f'ing god that looks good, so Im sure to be impressed by the others as
the 00 vid is meant to be fairly average.

--
Dave.net.nz
reply addy is (E-Mail Removed)e

AD.

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:42:37 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

> AD. wrote:
>> E17 looks like it's making rapid progress - it can't be too many more
>> years away now!
>> If we're really lucky, it might even come out before Longhorn.

> heh, with any luck, I'll being using Longhorn, with a Bitboys video card,
> on a 4GHz+ P4, playing Duke nukem forever when it's launched.

Not me, I'll be sysadmining a mission critical GNU/Hurd supercluster!

either that or I'll be creating web pages using XHTML 2.0 and CSS3 that
work on IE.

OK, that was a bit over the top - we might even see that Bitboys video
card before then

--
Cheers
Anton

Voip enlightenment to ring Japan JWH UK VOIP 2 07-04-2006 09:47 AM
Enlightenment DR17 desktop for Linux brianM NZ Computing 10 11-25-2005 11:42 PM
Challenging Project ... Need a deep guru to provide enlightenment. Jeff Wood Ruby 26 10-17-2005 03:04 PM
Enum enlightenment Roedy Green Java 12 07-16-2005 05:59 AM
OT: Enlightenment =?iso-8859-1?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?= MCSE 4 10-27-2003 08:02 PM

Advertisments